Calorie intake

jlc1972
on 4/14/10 10:54 am
I was given a 1200 - 1500 calorie diet from the nutritionist, the issue is that I am finding by documenting everything I barely hit 1100 calories on my normal diet. I agree that some things may not be the most nutritious, white bread and bagels sometimes, no processed foods except for cold cereal once in a while. Problem is I am not loosing an ounce. 

Jennifer C-W

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/10 12:38 pm
On April 14, 2010 at 5:54 PM Pacific Time, jlc1972 wrote:
I was given a 1200 - 1500 calorie diet from the nutritionist, the issue is that I am finding by documenting everything I barely hit 1100 calories on my normal diet. I agree that some things may not be the most nutritious, white bread and bagels sometimes, no processed foods except for cold cereal once in a while. Problem is I am not loosing an ounce. 

Hi Jennifer and welcome to our little neck of the woods here at OH.

It's good to count calories - it can be quite an eye-opener to discover how much some foods have.

There is a little known problem counting calories which can make it frustrating. Measuring food isn't always as accurate as we think it is - even professional nutritionists can be off by 30%. This is then confounded by the fact that when you read the calories off a package of food, it can be off by 20% - and still meet the legal requirements of food labels. What this means is that while you truly believe you're eating 1100 calories, you maybe eating as much as 20-30% more or less - it's a variable number, not perfectly exact.

One thing I found made a huge difference for me was to give up all the junky processed food - and when I gave it up I also discovered that I lost the cravings which really help when you're trying to shed weight.

I'm wondering if you follow through on your knowledge that some foods you eat are not the most nutritious and reduce or eliminate them while following the diet from the nutritionist then you'll start to see good results and shed weight?

As for the frustration of not loosing an ounce - I'm so sorry you're dealing with this - I hope that the weight starts to shed soon for you. ((((HUGS))))
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/10 8:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
If you are not eating enough you won't lose weight because your body will hold onto everything and store it as fat for future use.
Many years ago when I first joined WW I had to literally increase my food intake.  It's not uncommon for overweight people to say they have to increase their calories to lose weight.  Just make sure you are accurately measuring and counting..

Keep us posted on your progress.

FYI - I lost all my weight counting calories and exercising so I can it can be done.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views