What have you done today to make you feel proud? Weds

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/10 1:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Just stopping by quickly to get the thread started....have to get running, I'm going to be a busy bee  in the kitchen going a pot of beans and a pot of lentils....YUMMY!

I'm proud that I have a plan in place to restart my daily cardio tomorrow.  I'll be three weeks post op tomorrow (actually Friday but close enough) so I think I can safely do a walk around the block or a slow one on the treadmill.  My plan is to get out of bed by 6:30 and outside by 6:45....if I can do 20 mins I'll be thrilled and 30 mins will make be crazy happy.  I'll be taking my furbaby...he'll love it too.

So go ahead and post what you are proud of......I'll come back to check in again later.
Have a great rest of the day
TTFN
dmoore1162
on 4/14/10 2:31 am
got up early and walked 20 minutes.  Walked another 15 minutes at lunch.
Delores Moore
it's never too late

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/10 6:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
That's excellent.  They say 30 mins is all we need but of course more is better so KUDOS to you!!!
chellelynn3
on 4/14/10 2:46 am - san bernardino, CA
 I walked 2.15 miles 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/10 6:01 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Fan-Flippin'-Tastic!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/10 3:34 am

It's good to see there are other walkers here - I love my walking routine.

Today I went to see my immunologist and I parked in the farthest parking lot for patients (this is at one of those mega hospital university campus complexes where parking is so limited and expensive) which was up a very steep long hill and a couple of blocks away from his building. LOL normally I park at valet so I only have to go a few steps - well actually when I was at my worst I couldn't walk more than a few steps so that valet parking was wonderful. But now I don't need valet parking, I can walk and I can walk up that incredibly steep hill without any problems and no huffing and puffing. Ohhhhh it felt so good and I felt so free and capable of doing almost anything. Also my immunologist who I haven't seen in 6 months, was ooohhing and aaahhing over how good I looked and all my blood work etc. is so incredibly normal. He keeps telling me that he's never had a patient like me before - and I'm off all my immunology medications too which is incredible. So I'm a very happy camper today.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/10 6:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I like the way you used the word "free" to describe your feelings......I know exactly what you mean. It is a wonderful feeling.

You should be a happy camper!!  Enjoy the natural high you are feeling.
cettaroo
on 4/14/10 10:52 am
Ok, so it's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading when I get a few minutes.  This is not a Weds. proud, but I stepped on the scale at WW last night and in the four weeks I have been following WW, I have lost 15 lbs.  The best part is I have NOT been hungry or starving myself.  It's all due to the fact that I have become accountable as to what I am putting in my body AND I have been keep track of it. 
Now I need to start incorporating my 30 minutes of exercise into my day. 
Thanks for the inspiration ladies and have a wonderful evening.

Cetta
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/10 11:39 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WAHOOO!!!!  This is a BIG PROUD!!! 

Keep posting, we love to hear good news......

MrsBraun
on 4/14/10 3:03 pm, edited 4/14/10 3:03 pm
I went to the gym today and spent about 10 minutes on a stationary bike (this is a big thing for me, and the most exercise I usually get is mouse clicking!) and worked out on the weight machine.  It felt really good, and it boosted my mood tremendously!

Oh, and I also logged into sparkpeople tonight and logged my exercise and water intake.  Will work harder on logging food starting tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views