What have you done today to make you feel proud? Tues

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/10 10:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Sorry this is so late today.
I left the house for my follow up appointment with the surgeon.  We had an errand to run on our way there (it's almost a 2 hr drive for me) so left the house before 10am and got home at 6:30. 
I'm beyond exhausted and in have a lot of pain in my legs...the swelling in the calfs and feet has gotten much worse today.

What am I proud about today?  I'm proud I didn't cry when they took the stitches out from around my groin.  NOT FUN but I was big girl.
We stopped at a favorite eatery on our way home and I'm proud I did not over eat and all my meal selections were healthy....I had a little dessert and feel very comfortable with my decision so I'm proud of that too......No Guilt!
I am so numb from swelling pain and being tired that I can't think of anything else so I'm going to leave it at this.

How about you, what are you proud of today?  Hope you all had a terrific Tuesday!!

Till later
Ruth
mrsq
on 4/7/10 1:32 am
I'm glad your post op went ok Ruth. I hope the swelling will go down soon.
I worked in the yard all day yesterday, I'm slow so I did not get a ton done but it looks nice and I was active all day. However, the suncreen I bought was not good SPF 70 you think would stop sunburn but no I look like a lobster.
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 10:46 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Sounds like you were burning lots of calories....awesome!
WOW SPF 70!!!
I think I once read anything about 30 or something like that doesn't make a difference but I'm not positive on that.

Anyhow...good job on exercise!!!!  Yes, yard work counts and it burns a lot of cals!
Molly S.
on 4/7/10 5:08 am - Chicago, IL
I am proud that I am having a good week.  The scale is moving finally and I have exercised 3 days in a row over 35 min each day and 2 more days to go to reach my goal this week.  and my eating has been OK also, so I am feeling good.   

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 11:19 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
You sure do have a lot to be proud of.  Kudos to you! 
Molly S.
on 4/7/10 2:39 pm - Chicago, IL
Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 6:55 am
I'm really late, it's already Wednesday afternoon. LOL . I've been suffering from a miserable cold - who gets a cold in this glorious spring weather??????? Me - the works from headache,sore throat etc. I'm hopeful I'll feel better tomorrow. I am proud that I didn't allow this to throw me off eating healthy.

Ruth - yikes, you are brave - sutures in the groin - not a pretty picture. And all that swelling, I hope you get it under control soon.

Mrsq - sunburn isn't funny, hope it heals quickly.

Molly, good for you - keeping up with exercise.
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 11:27 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Skylar,

I hope you feel better real soon!!!  Get lots of vit C and fluids....a couple of Tylenol will help too.  Spring colds are the worst; I hope it doesn't linger on and on for you.  Take good care of yourself!!

You know I hate to complain and whine but the swelling is really the worst part of all this plastic surgery.  I can take the pain from the incisions, I can handle being stiff and sore but the swelling is just unbearable at times. 

Matthew went to the surgical supply store this afternoon and picked up compression hose for me.  I'm now wearing the compression garment from my breasts to below my knees with the compression hose on top of the garment  and then another garment down my arms....it's quite the picture.  BUT still it could all be worse so I'm just counting my blessings and thankful that I've done so well with all theses procedures....

Ok I'm done whining....I'm going to try not to complain about it at all tomorrow...
Feel better!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views