What have you done today to make you feel proud? Mon

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 1:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Good Morning!
Another beautiful spring day here.  I wish I could be outside and do some gardening but that will take some time......

The day is young, the only thing I'm proud of so far is not losing my cool this morning when I was "starving" and waiting for Matthew to the table for breakfast.  I could have just thrown bits of food in my mouth until we sat down to eat but I didn't......i could have gotten "pissed off" but I didn't (well not too much outwardly) so I'm proud of this.

How about you, what are you proud of today?
Have a great day!!!!
Ruth

peachpie
on 4/5/10 2:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15
Kudos to you for keeping your cool!!! Even better for not sneaking a few bites!! I've long given up on eating breakfast with my husband.  I'm a morning person- he is not!! I would get so flustered when I'd make breakfast and have to wait for him to wake & get downstairs to join us. So now i just don;t cook for him anymore. Keeps me from making a *fourth* meals to serve his taste.

For me- today, (as it says on my faceboook status) I'm feeling pretty awesome! My weigh in on Friday left me with 2.8 's lost for the week, 15#'s total.  (I'm on day 46 according to my food journal). 

I'm feeling so great b/c despite a not so great weekend eating wise- I got *right* back on track this AM and no lingering "I'm fooling myself" feelings. I hit the gym, had a smoothie for breakfast, a sensible lunch with a plan for the week ahead. Weather is gorgeous...what more can a girl want???

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 4:42 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
CONGRATS on you 2.8 lose on Friday....that is AWESOME!! 

You are so good getting focused quickly after a taking a few liberties this weekend.  1 weekend won't kill us, the key is to get back on track and be honest about what we eat.  You did it...KUDOS to you!!! 

So far as my breakfast frustrations it happens a lot lately.....I'm thinking of giving up......I do like having breakfast together but I can't wait so late.  I too am a morning person...he'd be fine having breakfast at 10am.....I'm looking for a snack at that time!!!!  

Keep up the good work Peach.
TTFN
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 12:24 pm
Peachpie, that's wonderful - 2.8 pounds. You're doing great. But I think the thing you did that should make you most proud is not allowing yourself to get derailed by not eating well on the weekend. It's healthy to occasionally, not regularly, have celebratory feast days as long as you eat right the rest of the time - so you enjoyed your feast and now you're back on the right track.
mrsq
on 4/5/10 8:51 am
I'm the morning person in my house also, it was very shocking to have the husband get up early for church yesterday.
I did ok today. Made it to the grocery store so i would have no excuse to order out this week. I have been trying to look up low calorie recipes online but not really finding many practical ideas.
I wish I could find some substitute for lettuce so I could make salads. BTW are tomatoes like ridiculous high where you guys live? I said forget it and bought a tomato plant rather than the tomato. 
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 10:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Sounds like you have a good attitude about planning for the week so you'll be successful.
Do you not like lettuce??
How about raw spinach....I like spinach salads.
Most days I skip the lettuce....I chop up tomatoes, green peppers (red peppers if I have them), cucumbers, radish, scallions....sprinkle a little olive oil and oregano, salt and pepper and go to town on it.  We eat it like this almost every day with either lunch or dinner.

Yes tomatoes are ridiculously expensive.  I wanted to get some plants the other week but with my surgery I was afraid I wouldn't be able to care for them....kind of wish I got them.  Maybe I'll get one of those upside down hanging things....

Keep up the good work...planning is a big part of weight loss success.
TTFN
Ruth

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 12:30 pm
Hi mrsq - Wow, I'm impressed - getting your groceries so you don't order out. That take out food is addictive and have tons of calories - it's killing us because we can't eat a small amount and walk away - we have to eat way too much.

Do you not like lettuce? DH is the salad maker - and he mixes all kinds of veggies into his experiments and most of them are really good. Try cucumbers, roasted red peppers, broccoli slaw, cabbage, lightly steamed veggies such as green beans, cauliflower and broccoli. He also used canned beets. We've been using canned tomatoes - those in the grocery store have no flavor for that ridiculous price. I do buy cherry tomatoes sometimes - they have more flavor. He also throws in herbs like fresh parsley and basil - really tasty. The salad dressing also makes a huge difference - even lettuce can taste fabulous with the right dressing.

Good for you for buying a tomato plant - those are the best.
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 12:19 pm
Hi Ruth, it won't be too long before you're back in the garden. But not until you are healed. Good for you for just waiting and just accepting the way it is- some things are just not worth getting upset.
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 12:34 pm
Yes, we had gorgeous weather. My proud is I took finished taxes to the post office to send them off - I can't claim anything more than taking them to the post office because we now have an accountant doing them for us and all we have to do is sign and date and stick the check in the envelope - I used to do our taxes for many years and I hated doing it. Yuck.

BTW, it's good to see Ruth back regularly posting.
Molly S.
on 4/6/10 4:52 am - Chicago, IL

Hello,
So far this week I exercised 2 days and I feel so good about it!
Molly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views