What have you done today to make you feel proud? Sun

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/10 4:16 am, edited 4/4/10 4:17 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hello!
What a BEAUTIFUL spring day it is here!!

THANK YOU Skylar for posting the thread for me will I was fresh out of surgery....I really appreciate it.  I've tried to peek in on the board and stay connected.  I see some new faces, how nice!

So today I'm proud that I put worth the effort to get dressed.  Sounds weird but I've been living in PJ's and Nightgowns since surgery  but today I put on a shirt and pants.  Feels good....Feels human!
I'm not goingt to over do it so I can continue to heal.

So what have you done that makes you feel proud??

Have a great day!
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/10 8:36 am
Hi Ruth, yes it's gorgeous here - sunny and warm. I'm enjoying this spring weather. I'm having a lazy day doing laundry, grocery shopping etc. Just taking it easy.

I'm glad to hear you got dressed - funny how sometimes little things make us feel so good. Were you able to wear your usual clothes or did you have to go up a size to accommodate swelling, bandages and compression garmets? I'm glad to read how well you are doing both pain wise and healing.
mrsq
on 4/5/10 1:31 am
Ruth glad you are healing and were able to get dressed.

I went and visited relatives for Easter Sunday and did not over eat and did not let my Mom send me home with food. The cakes, pies all stayed at her house.
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/10 2:36 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It takes great strength to not over eat at moms and to not take home the leftover goodies.   Good for you!

In the past if I was at family or friends I would eat "extra" portions of the good stuff because I'd trick myself into thinking well it's a special occasion or I don't have this stuff at home.....the end result....I'd eat 2 or 3 days worth of food and then wonder why I was so fat.  LOL.   Now I don't try to fool myself or lie to myself..... Calories are calories they still count on special occasions and yes there are calories in Birthday Cake too...LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views