Recent Posts

kiki822
on 3/23/15 1:59 am, edited 3/23/15 5:51 am
Topic: Has anyone used Dr. Brolin in NJ for their Sleeve Surgery?

All of the reviews that I have read are at least 5 years old and most are for Bypass, so I was wondering if anyone had Dr. Brolin do their Sleeve surgery, and if they had any complications?  Also how was University Medical Center at Princeton?   I haven't been there before (although they are a Center of Excellence).

Any info or advise would be very helpful!  Thank you!

jackfre
on 3/20/15 8:44 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15
Topic: RE: NJ Family Care , United Healthcare or Horizon NJ Health, bariatric surgery?

Do you happen to have the names of the other 4 surgeons that take Horizon NJ Health?  My daughter is considering surgery and has this insurance.  Thanks for your help and good luck to you all.

Jackie

jozetter
on 3/11/15 2:14 pm
Topic: RE: NJ Family Care , United Healthcare or Horizon NJ Health, bariatric surgery?

Hi Dee, 

I called Horizon NJ health (because it's my ins) and they gave me a list of 5 surgeons. I went to see Dr. Mark Salcone in CherryHill/Haddonfield and he seemed very nice. They definitely take the Horizon NJ plan. I went to the seminar last tue and have an appointment next thursday to see what I need to do next. The office is about an hour drive from where I live but it was actually the closest one of all the 5 they gave me. Someone below listed the others which I think were Goldstein, Attia, and someone else. 

DeeDee83
on 3/6/15 1:04 pm
Topic: NJ Family Care , United Healthcare or Horizon NJ Health, bariatric surgery?

Hello to all!   Does anyone have NJ Family Care - United Healthcare Insurance or Horizon NJ Health Insurance and had bariatric surgery?  I just received the coverage, and I didn't see anything about bariatric surgery on there.

If you have had coverage with these companies, what type of bariatric surgery did you get approved for?  I'm actually looking for a revision on my vertical sleeve (which was self pay 4 years ago).  What surgeon did you have?

Thanks for your input, it's certainly appreciated.

Dee

Zishaq
on 2/27/15 4:17 am
Topic: RE: new to site and need help with medicaid/united health care community doctor
Hi, the doctors that did approve of ur insurance can u please post their names and or office and phone number please. Thank you!
vanity3693
on 2/25/15 12:30 am - Boonton, NJ
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Nancy, I know this is a old post and I hope you got some help by now....You sound like you have Cushings Disease and no amount of weight loss surgery will get rid of it until that tumor from your pituitary gland is removed!!!  I hope your better now *HUGS**

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 3:32 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: We Want To Hear From You! OH2015 Speaker Submissions NOW OPEN!

Hey Members

Click the link below to submit your own topic or to suggest a speaker for our 2015 Event

http://events.obesityhelp.com/2015-speakers/

Submissions open until February 10th. 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Jacquaireanne
on 1/30/15 12:36 pm - Wyckoff, NJ
Topic: RE: Looking for a protein shake, vitamin supplementation or protein snacks that other members like?

I liked the Banana flavor Bariatric Advantage shake (purchased at the hospital) and I used it for the first two months after surgery. Since passing the soft food phase I switched to eating protein foods like egg whites,chicken and salmon for three meals and now I have Atkins shakes because it is convenient to buy at any grocery store as snacks twice a day. I keep my protein intake around 60 to 80 grams per day. I hated the Syntrax Nectar powder...I had to drink during the clear liquid phase...I still have it because it is something I can't see throwing away so every now and then I will mix it with cottage cheese, which takes the curse off it a little but it tastes too artificial and it doesn't blend well, its gross and lumpy.

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/15 11:12 pm
Topic: Hi!

Anyone had surgury approval from the Horizon BCBS of NJ PPO? If so please tell me the requirements.

Most Active
Recent Topics