Recent Posts

mom2wow
on 7/18/10 7:57 am
Topic: RE: Looking for lab band surgeon in Toms River Area
As far as I know there are no bariatric surgeons in Toms River. The bariatric surgery procedures generally not performed at the Toms River hospital (Community Medical Center affiliated with St. Barnabas Health Care System). 

There is a northern NJ surgeon with a sattelite office in Bayville (about 10 min)

There are some lap band surgeons in Manahawkin based out of Southern Ocean County Hospital. SOCH is about 1/2 hr away from Toms River. Most people I have encountered using this group are pretty happy with the group. They don't accept my insurance so I cannot speak from personal experience.

http://www.soch.com/Clinical_Ex_BariatricCenter.php

Did you try asking your surgeon for a referral/recommendation to a local surgeon?

petrellc
on 7/18/10 5:40 am - Toms River, NJ
Topic: Looking for lab band surgeon in Toms River Area
Hello all!

Newby to the site!   I am looking for New Doctor in the Toms River Area.  Here is my story I had an RNY in 2001 in Queens NY by Dr Shawn Garber.   I was 325 and went down to 200 never lost all my weight - however in the past two years I have gained 70 lbs.  I was feeling all sorts of miserable.  I am 2 weeks out from a revision with a Lap Band also completed by Dr Garber.  It was very difficult to keep going back and forth to New Hyde park NY which is where he is located.  So I have come to the realization that I need a doctor closer to home as I living in Toms River NJ.

PS.  On Sunday I was admitted (10 days post op) becuase I was bleed profusely with diarrhea it felt as if I bleed 1 gallon.  They kept me in the hospital until Thursday.  Confirmed that I have proctitis (who knew) which had nothing to do with the lap band.  While in there they also found a growth on my adrenal glands (onto of my kidneys that help deal with stress and happiness hormones etc) which may be why I am so depressed lol - oh yeah they also found a fgrowth on my ovary that does not look like a fibroid so when it rains it ppours yeah rah!!!

So again I really can not take the 5-6 hour trip into Long Island anymore.  really would appriciate any thoughts on a Doctor in the Toms River Area.

Thanks and God Bless!!!
Tom C.
on 7/17/10 9:46 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: RE: Please Help
Of course I recommend my Doctor, but he's about 45 to 60 minutes from you.

Maybe this link can help find one by you, and ask if they have support groups

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,doclisting/type,46/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ebonyfigueroa
on 7/17/10 11:16 am
Topic: RE: 70 pounds 3months is aug 10 ... what do i eat
i eat soups yogurgt tuna ummm i try diff things some things hurt my stomach
yessss i go in with DR. BILOF .....   THANKS DOMINGA   WWW.GARDENSTATEBARIATRICS.COM  MAY GOD BE WITH ME THIS DAY AND ANY OTHER DAY IM SO HAPPY I CRY AS I WRITE THIS YESSSSSS PLS FEE FREE TO SHARE ANY AND EVERYTHING WITH ME
Life is a Beach
on 7/17/10 10:04 am
Topic: RE: Thursdays Thoughts 07/15/10
I had a bridal shower today and a graduation party tomorrow. Lots of challenges. Did okay today until they unveiled the candy buffet table. Damn chocolate caramels! Had 2 but they are out of my system. Will do more Wii tonight to work them off. I was able to back away from the cake!!! Hooray! I'm excited to see people I haven't seen in a long time tomorrow! Hope everyone is staying cool in hot and humid NJ!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Life is a Beach
on 7/17/10 10:00 am
Topic: RE: NEED LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS
Anyone can attend the meetings at St. Peter's Univ. Hospital. They are held the 2nd Thursday of every month in the conference rooms right after you enter the lobby. Band patient meetings are held from 6-7 pm and gastric bypass meetings are held from 7-8 pm. You might want to check out other meetings in NJ in this thread. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/4205123/July-Support-Me etings-by-Date/
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/10 2:47 am, edited 7/17/10 2:47 am - Near The Ocean, NJ
Topic: RE: What is this Wegman's of which you speak????
Hi, I was born and raised in Scranton.  My folks lived on Margaret Avenue, and later moved to Oak Street, which became a major highway once the mall opened there, so they moved to Clark Summit and that is where they retired.  Small world.  I no longer live in Scranton, but it will always be home.  There isn't much work there though for sure.  It used to be huge coal country...but no more.  Nice to meet you.
DJ
on 7/16/10 5:03 am - Parsippany, NJ
Topic: RE: Tips for an iron deficient anemic?

I have been iron deficient for what seems like forever. I am 5 yrs out.. was anemic prior to surgery as well. but not low enough to not to the surgery..
I cannot find one that doesn't bother me..
I also have trouble timing my med now as i just quit the routine. It was making me feel like I took in more pills than food.. so needless to say.. iron and I don't mix..

Butterfly618
on 7/16/10 3:27 am - NJ
Topic: Please Help

Hey NJ

I am an import from NY I had my surgery in S.I.NY and the ficility has changed Dr. 4 times.  I am not liking the new Dr.  I want a Dr.  in NJ one that is close to Woodbrige NJ One that has lost of support.  Please give me your Dr.'s name and number if you like them and think I would too!!

Thanks in advance.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Butterfly618
on 7/16/10 2:52 am - NJ
Topic: RE: If You Need Nutritional Support Come To Whole Foods Tomorrow
Please post the address of the Whole Foods in Union.  I am interested in going but don't live in Union and don't know were the whole food chain is.  Thank you.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics