Recent Posts

AnnePrince
on 7/24/10 3:54 am - Bloomfield, NJ
Topic: GBP after LP
Hello - I am looking for some input from others who have had lap band surgery but are considering or have switched to GBP.  I had my surgery in Sept of 2008 and did well for a few months (high of 275 - got to 240) and then had a series of events that got me off track (was in the hopital for 11 days with bi-lateral pnemonia and was put on massive dosages of steroids which had me practically eating the wallpaper off the walls and then caring for my very ill father, etc).

I went for 1-2 fills but always found that I could seem to eat more or was never totally full.  I had no problem with my surgery or doctor (Karl Strom), and am embaressed that I haven't been back or contacted him but now I found myself at a new all time high of 300 and am seriously considering either a mini or gastric bypass.

We initially agreed on the lap band thinking it would be a more slower, consistent weight loss but for whatever the reasons are, it just did not/is not working for me. 

My questions are - has anyone had the lap band and made the switch to GBP - I am trying to find real information/statistics on the reversal and stories (both good and bad) of people who made the switch.

I would apprciate any and all comments.

Thanks!
Anne Prince
Bloomfield, NJ
Tom C.
on 7/23/10 11:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: Saint Clare Support meeting ? Wednesday July 28th

Gastric Bypass Support Group Meeting  - 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM pm

Gastric Banding Support Group Meeting  - 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM pm

Saint Clare's Hospital - Dover Campus 400 W. Blackwell St. Dover, NJ 07801 Sister Catherine's Health Center  

TOPIC:  "How Much Water Do I Need?"

***UPCOMING EVENT*****

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2010

SAINT CLARE'S WALK FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS

Consider forming a team with fellow support group members-

information on how to register will be available at the meeting. 

In case of questions or more information on any upcoming events, please call: (973) 537-3805

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
allisarin
on 7/23/10 12:24 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Topic: RE: AUGUST 7 - First Saturday Support Group Meets
Sorry can not make it for the next 2 months
OldBassPlayer
on 7/22/10 10:41 pm
Topic: RE: Looking for lab band surgeon in Toms River Area
I had my lap band done in Southern Ocean County Hospital.  The Baricatric group to me is the best.  I would reccomend them since they are the closest.  Good luck.
Tom C.
on 7/22/10 10:02 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: RE: North Jersey Get Together?

Donna Maria,

Please know you're more then welcome to join us for the Inconvenient Get Together. It's on a week night, so I understand if you can't.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Sheri A.
on 7/22/10 8:15 pm
Topic: AUGUST 7 - First Saturday Support Group Meets
Hello Everyone! We are approaching the new month so this is a reminder for our monthly support group meeting, First Saturday Support Group...we will meet in Saturday August 7 at 10:30am at RWJ Fitness Center in Scotch Plains. 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd., Scotch Plains 07076. Hope to see you there. Everyone is welcome. We are a wonderful close knit fabulous bunch of losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come see for yourself!!!!
Tom C.
on 7/22/10 6:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: RE: when is the next meeting TOM??
Did you see the post above ?!?!?!?!?!? Aug 3 - Park West Diner - Little Falls.

Tom

3grlsmom
on 7/22/10 6:16 am
Topic: RE: when is the next meeting TOM??
 so..........when/where?

me
Karen in NJ 

allisarin
on 7/22/10 5:53 am - Bayonne, NJ
Topic: RE: North Jersey Get Together?
I love to come to a get together on a Thurs,Friday or Sunday. Just keep me informed
ralphsgirl2
on 7/22/10 2:10 am
Topic: RE: NEED LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS
Thank you, but, it would take me almost 45mins to an hr to get to Woodbridge with traffic at that time, I really need one closer to S. Brunswick/Princeton area!
Most Active
Recent Topics