Recent Posts

mhiggins
on 7/25/10 10:21 pm
Topic: RE: tell me your experience with Horizon NJ Health
I have called my insurance and they say they cover WLS as long as i folow all the pre-reqs my dr orders, and i am. my bmi is 46.5, im in pretty good health but i do have sleep apnea, but i dont sleep with a machine or anything.
Im using Dr.Greenbaum in WIllingoro, and he accepts my incurance
monkmoses
on 7/25/10 9:56 pm - Valyermo, CA
Topic: RE: OT: NJ Trivia and follow-up question !! NJ DINERS !!
 Hi NJers!  I no longer live in NJ, but my favorite is still the Tic Toc on Rt 3 in Clifton.  I stop by there whenever I'm home in NJ.
maryc543
on 7/25/10 12:24 pm
Topic: RE: tell me your experience with Horizon NJ Health
Nj BCBS  Horizon approved my DS after a policy change in 2006.  You have to read the actual policy for the Family Care and make sure WLS is not excluded.  What's you BMI?  Any co-morbidities?  Do you have a surgeon you want to use yet, and does he/she accept Horizon?
    Good Luck on this journey....     Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

mhiggins
on 7/25/10 10:50 am
Topic: tell me your experience with Horizon NJ Health
I have Horizon Nj Health thru NJ Family Care kinda like medicaid. How hard was it to get approved for WLS. I want the DS.
DonnaMaria
on 7/25/10 7:09 am
Topic: RE: North Jersey Get Together?
August 1st or August 8th? Any ideas where. I think we should meet in Hackensack, Englewood, or Paramus. Let me know how those dates work for all of you.
Thanks,
Donna Maria
maryc543
on 7/25/10 12:52 am
Topic: OT: Sunday NJ Trivia
In honor of Tom's post about our NJ diners!

New Jersey is the Diner Capital of the world, with one diner for every two towns in the State!

Now, go look for Tom's OT Diner with question topic and answer it!!!
Have a good week and DRINK plenty of water, yoiu need extra with this heat!!!    Mary C

maryc543
on 7/25/10 12:50 am
Topic: RE: OT: NJ Trivia and follow-up question !! NJ DINERS !!
My favorite diner is the Heritage  Diner, in Hackensack, next to the Record newspaper building and the submarine, the USS Ling.  Why?  Because it's the one I grew up with, it's what I know,  and their 'early bird' dinner specials still make 2 meals for a post WLS person!  Such a deal!  The down side....  coffee is free refills, but they charge separately for each cuppa tea!  
    Yay to the ICGT group!   Mary

Tom C.
on 7/24/10 10:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: OT: NJ Trivia and follow-up question !! NJ DINERS !!
MY APOLOGIZES TO MARYC FOR STEALING ... errr .. DOING THIS !!

NJ is the HOME OF DINERS with over 600 of them. Most Diner cars seen all over our wonderful country were built in NJ.

With that said, what is your favorite DINER? Why? And what would you recommend? .. heck this may help future ICGT 

Ok, maybe not the BEST NJ Trivia to put on this board, but we do need to "learn to live normally" !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mom2wow
on 7/24/10 12:30 pm
Topic: RE: GBP after LP
Try posting on the revison or the RNY gastric bypass message boards.  There are many who have failed at the LapBand for a variety of reasons.  Often their profiles are open so that you can read their stories.  You'll likely get several responses good, bad & thought provoking.

In my opinion, you should consider contacting your surgeon to discuss your options.  There are other surgeries also such as the sleeve & duodenal switch.

I decided against the LapBand because it isn't very effective for higher BMI's and I wasn't comfortable with the potential complications such as band erosion, slipping, etc.

You need to educate yourself about your options. For example, would your band be considered a failure? It may very well be (even with your psychosocial stressors).  Some insurance companies require a mechanical failure before they will approve a revision surgery. What other procedures does your doctor offer? Does he do the sleeve gastrectomy, RNY, duodenal switch?  

Good luck in your search.
Smile it makes others wonder what you have been up to.

big_ideas
on 7/24/10 10:34 am - Randolph, NJ
Topic: Morris County Area Transport to Next IGT
Hello one and all!

If anyone would like to meet somewhere centrally located in Morris County, we can carpool to the next IGT in Little Falls.

Last time we met at the Barnes and Noble on route 10 and 202 in Morris Plains. That worked out fine for me, since we could leave cars there for hours without any problem and jump onto the highway easily.

I would be happy to do the driving again.

Please respond here or PM me if you want to do this. It makes the trip more fun and gives us a chance to know a few people in a smaller setting.

Linda (aka Big_Ideas)

Most Active
Recent Topics