Recent Posts

big_ideas
on 8/4/10 8:20 am - Randolph, NJ
Topic: RE: Another Successful Inconvenient Get Together!!
It was a great group - old friends, new friends, and even some people I never got around to talking to. The time always seems to go so fast.

It would be so great if we could find a place with a more private back room or area away from other patrons. It just feels a little odd to stand up and speak in the middle of a diner, much less to announce how fat you used to be.

I don't know the shore area at all, but if someone knows of a place that has a room where we can do our own thing, that would be wonderful!

Either way, I will be there. And again, anyone coming from "up north" that wants to connect to make the trip together, please let me know!

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a great summer!

Barbi M.
on 8/4/10 8:08 am - Maplewood, NJ
So glad I finally made it to the inconvenient gathering.  So much love and support it was overwhelming.  Just what I needed.  Hope to make the September down south meeting.

Barbi

Considering_It
on 8/4/10 5:31 am
DH had to work late, so I couldn't attend.  Sorry I missed it, and hopefully will get to the next North NJ one :)
missjuice
on 8/4/10 4:55 am
Topic: RE: groups i need to know were the bypass groups meet at

The Bariatric Center meeting is held in Plainfield.  Not too far if you live in Edison! Next meeting is Thursday, Aug. 19th at 5:30pm.  We would be happy to have you!

Life is a Beach
on 8/4/10 2:54 am
Missed you guys, see you in September!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/10 11:48 pm - Piscataway, NJ
 You're the best...thanks so much Tom!
Loved seeing everyone, as always.
Nance
gracy72
on 8/3/10 10:48 pm - newark, NJ
another great time was had by all!  Thanks as always for putting it all together!  Looking forward to seeing everyoen in Sept.
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

allisarin
on 8/3/10 10:09 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Thanks Tom. Had a great time last night. See you in Sept
big_ideas
on 8/3/10 9:59 pm - Randolph, NJ
Topic: RE: Plateau is killing me
Barbi:

As we discussed last night, it might be worthwhile to try changing the composition of your caloric intake, i.e. boost your protein and cut back on carbs, replace fruit with veggies, etc. It might just shake things up enough to get you going again.

Tom has given you excellent wisdom. Sometimes the hardest thing about plateaus is staying mentally strong and not giving in to the frustration and disappointment. So it may help to experiment with the things you can control (ie. changing your diet, ramping up exercise) and reaching a certain level of peace and acceptance about the things you cannot control. (I know, giving that advice is easy, but following it? Not so much!)

I also think Tom is wise to suggest savoring all the NSVs (non-scale victories) and focus on all the joys of your accomplishment thus far. It will help you to relieve the stress you feel. You've achieved many amazing goals to get to this day, and to become who you are right now. Delight in that, and don't lose heart!

Tom C.
on 8/3/10 9:57 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: Another Successful Inconvenient Get Together!!

Just wanted to thank all of those who attended last night’s get together. 18 of us shared our trials and tribulations, and had a good meal – great laughs and made some new friends.

The next one is schedule for Wednesday September 15th. It’ll be ‘down south’ – maybe near the beach area. Someone suggested Jenkinson’s, and another place which I can’t remember – but I have in my cell-phone notes.

Let me know if you have any suggestions of where we can all meet.

Thanks again, and for those who could not attend last night – we missed youse :D !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active
Recent Topics