Recent Posts

hockeymom8016
on 8/8/10 9:56 pm, edited 8/8/10 9:57 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: Dr. Alexander Abkin

His partner, Dr. Bertha, did my surgery. I loved him. I had a post op visit with Dr. Abkin and thought he was wonderful as well. I have numerous friends in the medical field and they all said both doctors have a wonderful reputation. I have heard others say that they have had issues with the staff but I have had none. The person submitting the papers to the insurance papers called me at 7 in the evening to go over everything and made sure they had everything they needed. I was approved within 10 days. They were very backed up the date of my first appointment but after having Dr. Bertha perform emergency surgery on me in the middle of the night I now see how that can happen.

Tom C.
on 8/8/10 9:27 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: RE: Today's Wow Moment...

WAY TO GO !!! ... and save !!! CONGRATS !! 

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Tom C.
on 8/8/10 9:00 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I too used Doctor Abkin, and can't say enough about the man who saved my life. The Doctor's talent and skill goes beyond the operating room. He truly cares for each patient, and will do anything to help them succeed. I’ve know patients of other Doctor’s who rarely have any interaction once the operation is done, but this isn’t Doctor Abkin. However it's up to you to make follow-up appointments.

And anything I say about Doctor Abkin, is echoed for both Doctor Bertha and Doctor Iannace. They are all top notch.

As for the office staff, I have seen many post about it. I know there is a lot of influx, because Advance Laparoscopic Surgeons are trying to get the best people for the best positions. Plus with the insurance companies constantly changing requirements and/or payment methods, this gets very confusing. What was “norm" on Monday has changed come Tuesday, and then the task of informing the staff, and then patients, is a daunting task.  

Have no fear in Doctor's Abkin's ability. He's the leader in the field (and this comes from a man who spent almost 5 years researching)

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
maryc543
on 8/8/10 1:09 pm
Topic: OT: Sunday NJ Trivia
In 2008, Monmouth University's Urban Coast Institute in West Long Branch honored Margo Pellegrino of Medford Lakes for paddling 2,500 miles in a canoe from Miami to Maine, then back to Washington in an effort to raise awareness about the decreasing quality of urban coastal water.  She has plans for future trips to raise awareness.

Have a good week!   Mary C

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

soblessed
on 8/8/10 11:59 am - NJ
Glad to hear you had a good experience with Dr. Abkin.  I like him too, although I have also had issues with his office staff.

I was really just wondering.  It's good to have an opinion reinforced or, in the case of a bad experience, to see another side of the picture.

Thanks for responding.

:)
---Tisha
wife to M
mom 2 Z

"Pray, hope and don't worry"---------- Padre Pio
reillye
on 8/8/10 11:43 am
Dr Abkin did my lap band 2 1/2 years ago.  He was fantastic.  HIs office staff and I had issues from time to time, but honestly I have not interacted with them much since my surgery, so I can't really say what they are like now.  He did a great job, I think.  Good luck to you!
gracy72
on 8/8/10 11:19 am - newark, NJ
Topic: Today's Wow Moment...
Have a couple of things coming up and needed a new black dress suit.  I have not been buying many clothes, but this is necessary so I head out to the mall....long story short....got me a killer suit - ready for this.... in the Misses Dept.  To make it even betterit was on sale and I had a 20% coupon!   Very cool   Yay!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

soblessed
on 8/8/10 7:56 am - NJ
Topic: Dr. Alexander Abkin
Has anyone used Dr. Abkin from Florham Park (Morris County)?  Just wondering what your experience(s) were? 

Thanks! 
---Tisha
wife to M
mom 2 Z

soblessed
on 8/8/10 7:50 am - NJ
Topic: RE: Am I Llosing My Mind Along with MY Losing Weight?
That is too funny.  I can TOTALLY see myself doing that

Don't worry, it's definietly the bypass and not old age :)  That's my story, anyway....

:)
---Tisha
wife to M
mom 2 Z

Sheri A.
on 8/6/10 11:11 am
Topic: RE: Am I Llosing My Mind Along with MY Losing Weight?
That similar thing happened to me about 10 years ago...I wanted to show a friend my brother's house in Livingston. They were away in Mexico. I did put the alarm code in but apparently made a mistake and the police were dispatched to the house, I felt like a criminal. All ended well when the alarm company contacted a friend of theirs who knew me.
Most Active
Recent Topics