Recent Posts

gracy72
on 8/13/10 11:14 am - newark, NJ
Topic: RE: First step - in many (I hope)

Today is Friday - how'd it go?

I am doing the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on 9/12 -it is a little more than 5K - it is 3.5 miles...would love to havde you on our team.

Keep on trucking Tom.....now go to the gym dang it! =)

Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

soblessed
on 8/13/10 9:21 am - NJ
Topic: RE: Dr. Alexander Abkin
Sheri:

Is he leaving Advanced Laprasopics?
---Tisha
wife to M
mom 2 Z

"Pray, hope and don't worry"---------- Padre Pio
Sheri A.
on 8/13/10 7:21 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Alexander Abkin
Dr. Abkin will be the new surgeon at the Bariatric Center, affiliated with JFK Medical Center...right now the office is in Plainfield. The office staff there is very nice, he will start seeing patients in Sept.
Sheri A.
on 8/13/10 7:08 am
Topic: RE: Support Groups near Morris Co/Somerset
I am the facilitator of a Union County support group that meets again 9/11 but we meet the first sat of each month...so if you need to come, please do. We meet at the RWJ Fitness Center, 2120 Lamberts Mill Rd., Scotch Plains...10:30 am...very conveniently located off exit 135. If you email me at: [email protected] I wil lgive you good directions.
Tom C.
on 8/13/10 2:51 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I do go to it, and recommend it. I do the basic membership for $10.00 a month. There is an initial sign-up fee, but speak to the Manager and tell them your friend gave you the "dollar" sign-up paper but forgot it and see if they will honor it. Or check on-line, or Facebook, for a coupon
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
LAX11
on 8/13/10 12:08 am
Topic: RE: Support Groups near Morris Co/Somerset
someone recently posted county support groups throught NJ...the below was for Morris Co and nothing for Somerset (where I live)..

MORRIS COUNTY:

Doctor Garrison (in Dover) meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.. All is welcome. Call to confirm (973-437-8021)

Morristown Memorial Hospital (in Morristown)

Gastric Band Surgery Support Group meet the second Tuesday of every month, 6:00 to 7:00pm

Weight Loss Surgery Support Group meet the third Tuesday of every month, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Support Group Link: ( http://www.atlantichealth.org/en/morristown/services/bariatr ic+surgery/classes+and+support+groups.html )

you should confirm that all are welcome... some group events are for the patients of that particular practice...

good luck...

I LOVE My VSG!                5'6" SW/222  CW/169 GW/150
sugarpie
on 8/12/10 11:18 am - Landing, NJ
What gym do you go to?  I am thinking of trying Planet Fitness in Ledgewood.  Was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.
Sarah P.
on 8/12/10 9:29 am, edited 8/12/10 9:30 am
Topic: RE: NJ Support Group listing: As of July 2010
Thank you! I didn't see this before. I just posted asking for help finding a group.
Sarah P.
on 8/12/10 7:26 am, edited 8/12/10 9:06 am
Topic: Support Groups near Morris Co/Somerset
My Doctors office called me today and told me that my insurance company wants me to have 3 months of medically supervised weight loss program and 3 months of Support groups, not Weigh****chers but something that is related to surgical support. I have had the lap-band and had it removed on an emergency basis. My doctors office has the medical weight loss supervision covered but I cannot tell if there is a support group offered. I checked the Web site but I think that they all  in another area.I need to find a support group in the Morris/Somerset area. Does anyone know of any that are coming up?
Thanks!

HW / SW / CW / GW
270   252   178 150        
Butterfly618
on 8/12/10 4:34 am - NJ
Topic: RE: I can't do Wegmans tonight!!
guess what the only one there was Gale  She called and said that no one showed up.  I feel bad but she really needs to get on OH

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics