Recent Posts

big_ideas
on 8/14/10 5:47 pm - Randolph, NJ
Topic: RE: First step - in many (I hope)
Hey Tom!

It may be a little early for this, but I'm going to an info meeting for Team in Training at 6:30 on Monday night in Madison. Please join me if you're interested.

Team in Training is a group within the Leukemia Society that helps train people to run half and full marathons. Its a good program; Evan did it ten years ago.

Biggest downside is you have to raise money to enter, and those goals vary depending on the race you choose to run, since it also covers your travel and hotel. I'm eyeing the race in Dublin, but Evan says its too close in time and I won't be ready. That's why I'm going to the meeting...I have a lot of questions.

They make the fundraising easy. You get a page people can visit and make donations with their credit card. That part is the least of my worries!

Let me know if you want to go...

And congratulations on making this commitment. I may see you at PF. Even though I've been paying every month, I haven't been there since I don't remember when!

Tom C.
on 8/14/10 1:34 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Good to hear. Maybe I will see you there one of these days.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
sugarpie
on 8/14/10 12:22 pm - Landing, NJ
I went and joined today...first time I have ever joined a gym.  Didnt have time to actually use it today, but hope to tomorrow.

But will probably shoot for the Mon, Wed, and one day a weekend routine. 
ebonyfigueroa
on 8/14/10 3:02 am
Topic: RE: WALK FROM OBESITY
when is the last day i join
yessss i go in with DR. BILOF .....   THANKS DOMINGA   WWW.GARDENSTATEBARIATRICS.COM  MAY GOD BE WITH ME THIS DAY AND ANY OTHER DAY IM SO HAPPY I CRY AS I WRITE THIS YESSSSSS PLS FEE FREE TO SHARE ANY AND EVERYTHING WITH ME
ebonyfigueroa
on 8/14/10 3:00 am
Topic: found a place
so i found an apartment and now im really happy weight loss is goin great wants to knoo were can i buy a scale to weigh myself  still need a group that fits my busy scedual
yessss i go in with DR. BILOF .....   THANKS DOMINGA   WWW.GARDENSTATEBARIATRICS.COM  MAY GOD BE WITH ME THIS DAY AND ANY OTHER DAY IM SO HAPPY I CRY AS I WRITE THIS YESSSSSS PLS FEE FREE TO SHARE ANY AND EVERYTHING WITH ME
Tom C.
on 8/13/10 11:37 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Topic: RE: Dr. Alexander Abkin

An unnamed source – told me that no official agreement has been made between JFK and Doctor Abkin (actually Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons - so no need to worry about Doctor Abkin leaving ALSOM).

I hear that JFK would like to restart their bariatric program, and I can't think of a better group of Doctors. ALSOM's reputation as leaders in the bariatic field proceeds them.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Sarah P.
on 8/13/10 9:59 pm
Topic: RE: Support Groups near Morris Co/Somerset
Scothch Plains sounds great! I will e-mail you, thnak you!

HW / SW / CW / GW
270   252   178 150        
Sarah P.
on 8/13/10 9:57 pm
Topic: RE: Support Groups near Morris Co/Somerset
Thank you , I didn't see this until after I posted!

HW / SW / CW / GW
270   252   178 150        
gracy72
on 8/13/10 9:03 pm - newark, NJ
YAY for you!  Keep going Tom!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

Tom C.
on 8/13/10 7:25 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Yesterday (Friday) was DAY 2 .. Did a little better then Wednesday, but still a long way to go. Will take the next two days off, and be back on Monday - Wednesday - Friday routine.

As for the 5K in about a month, doubt I will be ready - but that's for the invite.

Tom

Most Active
Recent Topics