Recent Posts

mishicokpi
on 5/13/13 2:48 am - elizabeth, NJ
Topic: nervous!!
Hi all... my name is Michelle... I am schedule to have surgery on the 29th of this month.... I'm so nervous about everything!! I haven't got my medical necessity letter because my doctor denied to me I change my doctor and hopefully he gives me the letter tomorrow =/ also. Medicaid doesn't covers the psych test and I have to go and pay 150$ out of pocket with a private doctor... I'm so worried my endurance won't accept the surgery... help!!
mishicokpi
on 5/13/13 2:21 am - elizabeth, NJ
Topic: RE: Surgions that take Medicaid...
On January 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM Pacific Time, BigBlackMama wrote:
So I'm going through the motions of try to find a "GOOD" surgion. After about 100 calls to different Dr.'s I see I'm very limited to who I can choose for this life changing decision. Please Help, just was a surgion that comes recomended!
Dr rage sadek in nee Brunswick is really good and take United healthcare community plan.. 7326401653
maryc543
on 5/12/13 10:16 pm
Topic: RE: Checking in to say Hello!

6 months and you were more than halfway there!!!  That's terrific!!   Weekends are rough, hard to stay on track when the schedule is so different...   I'm sure you'll figure it out!   Hope the numbers for month 7 are as good!    Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

suzyq1966
on 5/12/13 9:08 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: Checking in to say Hello!
Hey I am new to the forums, so hopefully I can figure out how to post a picture and find my response again tonight, lol. 7 mo post Rny had it October 15. 2012. Need to weigh get weighed tomorrow again. at my 6 month I was down 51 lbs and 56% of my excess weight. Happy with that but feel like i am starting to stall and bad habits creeping up on the weekends, what's up with that. Really want to get to a size 10, I was an 18 at my highest. Looking for support on these message boards! Thanks for posting.
Susan from s.j.
suzyq1966
on 5/12/13 10:48 am - NJ
Topic: RE: size of pouch

I am only about 7 months it and feel that I sometimes don't feel full.  I have done a five day pouch test and it did allow me to feel full again.  It had something to do with the slider foods.  Trying to still keep to protein and veggies and weighing out 4 oz. it seems like good news for you that the pouch is still small.  Hope all goes well with you. Are you aware of any local groups that meet? My surgery was in Philadelphia and the groups are monthly but a pain to go over to the city after work.  I do make the monthly group meeting with the therapists and a small group of Jefferson patients and feel I should still get some one on one with the Trappist too.

I am still feeling my way around this site looking for added support. 

Andrea H.
on 5/4/13 9:45 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13
Topic: RE: Monmouth County
Hi,
I am from Monmouth County, but I did not use your surgeon though.

Andrea
smul3
on 5/1/13 10:56 am - Williamstown, NJ

thank you. I had endoscopy and was told mine was still small.But I can eat and never feel full.

Lois11466
on 4/29/13 10:33 pm - Aberdeen, NJ
Topic: RE: LOOK HERE FOR SUPPORT!

Thank you so much for posting this Sheri,

I am scheduled to work but if my intestinal tract keeps acting up I may not be working so I am going to try to make it..

Lois

Sheri A.
on 4/29/13 8:00 pm
from what i know it should remain the size of an orange...i am having an endoscopy this week and will ask the doctor.
Sheri A.
on 4/29/13 7:57 pm
Topic: LOOK HERE FOR SUPPORT!
If you need support, a helping hand, reassurance, motivation or friendship, you have come to the right place! We are a special and wonderful group!

First Saturday Support is a peer to peer bariatric support group for pre and post opers seeking support in a neutral and caring place. This warm and welcoming group was formed by two bariatric patients in March 2007 and has been going on monthly ever since! We meet on the first Saturday of each month at the RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center Conference Room (kitchen side) at 10:30am. Please join us, Our May meeting will be this Saturday May 4. For further info email me: Sheraine (facilitator) at: [email protected].

PS-Our meeting place is conveniently located just minutes off exit 135 of the GSP in Scotch Plains.

RWJ Fitness & Wellness
2120 Lambertsmill Road
Scotch Plains 07076

Come see for yourself! Looking forward to meeting you!
Most Active
Recent Topics