Recent Posts

BelieveInFaith
on 6/25/13 8:53 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13
Topic: RE: Ten Year Surgiversary

Congrats on your success!  That is great! 

Never accept NO for an answer.

Nannette
on 6/25/13 1:28 am - Toms River, NJ
Topic: Ten Year Surgiversary
Noticing the date on the calender caused me to recognize that ten (10) years ago on June 16, 2003, I took a step that forever changed my life. I had weight loss surgery (RNY) and lost 180 pounds. No more diabetes - no more sleep apnea were just a few of the healthy side effects. It has been a roller coaster of mostly highs, but some lows too, but I would do it all over again cause it has been a learning experience that has given me the life I have now!  I have managed to stay within 20-25 pounds of my lowest weight after WLS.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

mrosen51
on 6/13/13 10:20 am - Lakewood, NJ
Topic: RE: Could someone tell me where to finda good support group in Monmouth county

Hello Lois

I believe that there is still a group that meets at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch ... it is associated with a Dr Borao's office there and has the Nurse practitioner, Psychologist, and Dietician that usually attend the meetings. We did have a group in Toms River and Lakewood ... but the interest in the last yearplus  has not been strong, and it was strictly volunteer run and there were not too many new people attending. I am also over 7 years out and miss the meetings. Try the Monmouth Medical Meetings on the 4th Thursday of each month in Monmouth Medical Center in Stanley 212 and 214 rooms.

Good Luck ... hope that it will be helpful!

Michael Rosen

rae9597
on 6/11/13 1:44 pm
Topic: newbie in cape may

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, from Cape May area, just starting out.  I see Dr. Attia in Vineland on 6/27.  I'm looking for friends & support, not necessarily in person, but who can help me compare docs, etc. 

SW 364, HW 383, GW 130, BMI 62%

MIA'S MEMA B.
on 6/3/13 5:57 am, edited 6/3/13 12:55 pm - SOMEWHERE, NJ
Topic: RE: LOOK HERE FOR SUPPORT!
Hi Sheri
How are you. I finally found a doctor for my fills. I was very upset about the passing of Dr JB. I just found out today. Hope all is well with you.

Beverly Hunter
Sheri A.
on 6/1/13 9:49 pm
Topic: RE: Patients of Dr. John-Baptiste
I heard that he OD'd on drugs.
Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 5/31/13 1:15 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Join us in beautiful sunny California in October

Our 2013 ObesityHelp Annual Conference is in Anaheim, California.  We have an unprecedented line-up of speakers for this event.  Based on members' requests, we have a number of new speakers and some of your favorites to join us. For this Conference, you used your voices to let us know what you wanted and we listened. 

Benefits of attending our OH Conference:

1.  Motivation

2.  Education

3.  Inspiration

4.  Exchange of information with other members, professionals and vendors

5.  Get to know some of our OH staff  members

6.  Meet other OH members, professionals and vendors

7.  Fun

8.  So much laughing that your face will hurt

9.  Vendor samples

10. Opportunity to develop new friendships and re-connect with current friends

11. Walk away with motivation and inspiration for your healthy lifestyle!

The sky is the limit as to the many benefits you'll gain from joining us at our OH Conference.

Speaking of sky - you'll also enjoy the beautiful blue skies of California, visit Disneyland and other popular attractions exclusive to Southern California. 

We hope to see you at our 2013 OH Annual Conference!!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

joevee
on 5/30/13 2:47 am

I was shocked to find out that he passed away.  Does anyone know what happened to him?

shel
on 5/20/13 2:34 pm - Howell, NJ

I am sorry to hear about his troubles.  May his soul rest in peace. 

Most Active
Recent Topics