Recent Posts

Raven_2823
on 8/10/13 3:43 am
Topic: RE: LOOKING FOR A NEW SURGEON IN THE NORTHERN NJ AREA

So i called UHC and the rep told me iin order for me to be considered for this procedure. I have to have excerebatted stats?!! ok.. so, since last year i talked to my PCP and she was NOT on board with this. So, i changed my PCP and i found out i had gained weight (more) and have high blood pressure. NOt a little bit.. alot ! It was taken every few 10-15 mins. i was told to be calm ectra. range 179/60 to 190/85 i belive? It was like a yo-yo and i had to keep a log on it throughout my day. So i would stop ant walmart or pathmardk and get it done. At the end i of the next vist with doc i was given a script for High blood Pressure med. I hat it! He was afraid i was going ot get either a heart attack of some sort or brain attack... Now after a year my knees hurt , and i dont' like feeling this way! Thanks for letting me vent!

So, I am not wanting this for looks i want this for my health and to be there for my family. Any advice suggestions appreciated. I fanyone ahs won appeal let me know. Thanks

sunshne28
on 8/9/13 11:36 am
Topic: RE: Protein shake variety?

Hi beleive in faith. read your post on Lindstrom wanted ot know how long it took ectra.

Thanks

sunshne28
on 8/9/13 11:24 am

Hi. New to the boards.. Just wanted to find out if, if anyone has had success in appealing UHC Choice of NJ. Even though my dh's employer told me i could appeal. I have been doing this since (doc visits-t ectra last year)- due to Hurricane Sandy i was misplaced and had to start all over paperwise.

I am waiting for another denial letter the first one i did not get due to Hurricane Sandy so, with that do  also send it out to my dh employer with some info on Obesity even tho i have done that. and HER answer was to appeal it. So i want toot know what people out there are thinking and any advice greatly appreciated. I also contacted Lindstorm  to see if they can help.

Thanks!

JLS_NJ
on 7/30/13 5:27 am
RNY on 10/15/13
Topic: RE: Looking to Get Revision in NJ
Hi Lynn,

How are you doing? Were you able to get approval? I am trying to determine between the bypass or sleeve. After reading a few people who have had to have revision surgery I am wondering if there is a better option I haven't considered.

Do you have an opinion when the DS is the best option? This is my first wls and I'm waiting to submit for approval. Any advice?

JLS
hockeymom8016
on 7/17/13 4:03 am - NJ

Thanks Pat.  I was not sure.  I thought they did at one time.

TV2Night
on 7/17/13 3:45 am - Hackettstown, NJ

Just wanted to let you know That Dr Abkin does Not Participate with Medicaid.  I am a patient of his and also work in the office so I know that we don't. 

Pat

lruedemann
on 7/13/13 11:47 am
Topic: Protein shake variety?
Hi everyone, I am 4 days post-op and bored with chocolate Atkins and vanilla eas shakes. Any ideas or websites to check out different choices?
Thanks!

just keep moving!

BelieveInFaith
on 7/10/13 11:43 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13

Glad you were able to find someone!! Good Luck with everything. kiss

Never accept NO for an answer.

Rpayton3012
on 7/9/13 11:03 pm - Jersey City, NJ

Thanks, but i have found a surgeon who accepts Medicaid, the doctor name is Dr. Strain out of Englewood NJ. I have my first appt with him on 8/7/2013. the reason why the appt is for next month because i am changing HMO's. I just fax over my whole entire medical documents to the medical staff and hopefully i will get a answer by the end of the month.  I will keep yall updated .

Most Active
Recent Topics