Recent Posts

Sheri A.
on 10/20/13 8:08 pm
Topic: Peer to Peer Support Group, Still Going Strong!
For those of you new to these boards, I wanted to let you know about a peer to peer support group that is still going strong in Union County. First Saturday Support was started in March of 2007 and is now in it's permanent meeting place at RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, 2120 Lambertsmill Road, Scotch Plains. We meet the first Saturday of each month and are not doctor or hospital related. There is a strong core group that is very loyal and attends each month. As the facilitator, I find the group a huge motivation and inspiration to my success.

On November 2 we will be meeting and celebrating my 7 year surgiversary. I owe everything to this group for keeping me on track!

We welcome new members and hope you can attend.

Date: Saturday November 2
Time: 10am

We will have a guest presenter: Lauren Purdy, Registered Dietician of Shop Rite.

Bariatric friendly refeshments always welcome!

Questions: [email protected]

Thanks and hope to meet you!

Sheraine
Sheri A.
on 10/20/13 8:01 pm
Topic: RE: Any support groups in North Jersey? Morris County area
Hi I am the facilitator of a peer to peer group that meets in Union County on the first Saturday of each month. We are called First Saturday Support of Union County. It is a very active group with very loyal members. We would love to have you join us on November 2 10am...it is my 7 year surgiversary celebration, which would never have been possible without this group! If you have any questions, please email me: [email protected]. The meeting place is RWJ Fitness & Wellness Center, 2120 Lambertsmill Road, Scotch Plains 07076, very convenient a few min. off the GSP exit 135. If you are near the Randolph area, we have several members who come from there and I can get you hooked up with them! Hope to see you!
Rpayton3012
on 10/11/13 2:26 am - Jersey City, NJ
Topic: RE: LOOKING FOR A NEW SURGEON IN THE NORTHERN NJ AREA

hello everyone this is regan again and i want to give you an little update on me  after the gastric sleeve procedure. well, as of today ( drum roll) i have lost 36 lbs.  yayy!!!!  i went from 260 lbs to 224 lbs only in 8 weeks. i feel so much better now!!!  my blood pressure is stable now, my diabetes is stable, and i have gain so much energy that i run all round my office ( smile). i have no regrets in regards to the surgery. at first i had some people came to me and said that i took the easy way out and i should of exercise, but i just ignored them because they do not have a clue on what i been threw and how i have gain so much weight!!! So now next week i have finish all of my stages and now i am ready to eat solid foods. so that is it for now i will update everybody on my journey in November and i will talk to yall later.    regan payton

rissa1224
on 10/8/13 12:30 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
Topic: Any support groups in North Jersey? Morris County area

Just wondering if there are any support groups in North Jersey?? I know my surgeon has one once a month but I don't think many people attend it.

It's tonight but I am already going to a nutritional seminar with my co worker who is looking/in the process to get VSG. I havent found my nutritionist helpful so going to this may be good for me.

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/13 12:20 am - NJ
VSG on 09/13/13
Topic: Looking for a gym buddy in Flemington.

I have a Planet Fitness membership. Membership not required, I can bring you as my guest. Just need someone who can relate to the WLS journey who will help me be accountable! Ladies only please. (Don't want hubby getting the wrong idea)

Jessif
on 10/3/13 7:27 am
Topic: RE: Helloooo Jersey!
Just wondering what was the name of the doctor you are seeing? I have horizon nj health and I'm having a hard time finding a doctor
Jobsies
on 9/26/13 7:37 pm - Pitman, NJ
Topic: A weight loss seminar on 10/19 in Voorhees, NJ
Please join us for an afternoon of education, door prizes, and giveaways....

https://eat2beat2.eventbrite.com

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

ThickNThinNJ
on 9/17/13 7:37 am
Topic: RE: newbie in cape may

Hello, I'm in Lower Township.

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/13 5:17 am - NJ
VSG on 09/13/13
Topic: RE: Best Sleeve Doctor in NJ

Dr. Ballem is amazing! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/13 7:11 am
Topic: before and after breast augmentation and extended arm lift (arm lift and flankplasty) Dr. Capella

I made some videos of my breast augmentation, and extended arm lift (arm lift and flankplasty) that was done by Dr. Joseph Capella in Ramsey NJ

Includes- before and afters, feelings, experiences, the whole procedure and what it entails, tips, interviews with the doctor, etc.

Two weeks post op- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IyEQCKkwf8

** My experience, feelings, incisions / scars, tips, Before/After

---------

One week post op- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsXNezcuNXI

** The doctors check up / interview with the surgeon, Dr. Capella and removing stitches from nipples after breast augmentation, Before/After

---------

Three days post op- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6pKp3P-e8

** Talking about my experiences (way harder then I thought) to help you get an idea of what you should expect, showing the scars / incisions / bandages from the procedures. Before/After

--------

Day of surgery- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-npIX2BQRmM

** Day of my breast augmentation, extended arm lift & flankplasty. Before surgery, Dr. Capella marking me, waking up, the experience, etc

** I also have other videos documenting my Lower body lift, which was done by Dr. Amy Colwell, Boston MA on the same channel!

Most Active
Recent Topics