Recent Posts

TV2Night
on 12/19/13 3:58 am - Hackettstown, NJ
Topic: RE: Any support groups in North Jersey? Morris County area

Hi Rissa,

Morristown weight Loss Center has Support Groups Third Tuesday of the Month from 6p - 7p.  There phone number is 973-971-7192.

St Clare's Hospital in Dover also has Support Groups on the 4th Wed of the month from 6:30p- 7:30p. There phone number is 973-537-3805

SoJerseyLeprechaun
on 12/2/13 1:45 pm
Topic: RE: newbie in cape may

Hello Newbie In Cape May!

I joined the OH forum over a week ago to research the Lap-Band weight loss surgery option.  I am from the Cumberland County, South Jersey area.  Although I have not talked to Dr. Ahmed Attia yet, I would like to know if you did interview with him and how it went?  Also, what type of WLS are you looking to have?  I hope you're doing well and I look forward to your reply!

Blessings,

SoJerseyLeprechaun

SoJerseyLeprechaun
on 11/25/13 12:56 pm
Topic: Any South Jersey Members?

Hello!

I am on a "Learning Journey" regarding weight loss surgery via the Lap-Band.  I would like to know if there are any members who are from the Southern New Jersey (Cumberland County) area, who are either Pre or Post-Op Lap-Banders?  Thank you all and I am so happy to be a part of these forums.

Blessings,

SoJerseyLeprechaun

earthy59
on 11/17/13 6:31 am
VSG on 11/18/13
BelieveInFaith
on 11/17/13 3:56 am - NJ
RNY on 08/08/13
Topic: RE: LOOKING FOR A NEW SURGEON IN THE NORTHERN NJ AREA

Congrats! And Best of Luck! mail

Never accept NO for an answer.

earthy59
on 11/17/13 12:03 am
VSG on 11/18/13

WEll the time is here, doing my pre-op liquids today....going in the morning for the change of my  life with Dr. Bertha

DanceMomNJ
on 11/7/13 1:05 am
Topic: Dr. Prokurat

Stay away from him. He may be great when you first meet him and he's probably a great surgeon but his surgery coordinator, Pat, is a miserable person. She didn't submit my husband's paper work to the insurance company until the day before surgery. Meanwhile, he had his clearances done 3 weeks prior and hand-delivered all of the letters and reports personally to her. Turns out, insurance denied him-- about 12 hours before surgery was scheduled to happen. Granted, they'd probably still deny him if this was 3 weeks ago, but at least we'd have 3 weeks to send over the correct information that was needed (more months of medical files which he had). 

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/13 1:17 am - NJ
VSG on 09/13/13
Topic: RE: help for a friend

There are many location that do a great job across the state...what area are you looking for? 

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/13 1:08 pm
Topic: help for a friend

I have a friend who is looking to have surgery in NJ and I am looking for opinions for her. Also wondering which facilities have good support groups. TIA

earthy59
on 10/29/13 10:05 am
VSG on 11/18/13

Congratulation Regan,I'm schediual for the same surgery on Nov. 18th with Dr. Bertha, at Morristown Hopspital.

I am so ready for this help, and start living again with out pain, I have a lower back condition for the last 20 yrs,in which I gained

about 150 lbs, keep up the good work , hope I will have the same results

Most Active
Recent Topics