Recent Posts

jersiegirl74
on 4/28/14 9:09 am
Topic: RE: picking out my surgeon

the surgeon I chose took my insurance and they are out of network and agrred to accept whatever insurance paid 

I chose Garden state Bariatrics! Dr Yurcisin 

Tina M.
on 4/16/14 9:20 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/14
Topic: RE: new to site and need help with medicaid/united health care community doctor

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you have an easy process as well! It's good that you found a surgeon that you like. My approval only took about a week. My surgeon's staff is really dedicated. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 

My new life began on April 30th, 2014!  

Start of Pre-Op Diet Weight: 282     Surgery Weight: 268     

daniellemarie175
on 4/15/14 9:34 am
Topic: RE: new to site and need help with medicaid/united health care community doctor

Hi! Thanks for your response.  I actually found another doctor that I may like better in new Brunswick. That is about 45 mins from me. I am meeting with my pcp on friday to discuss everything and hopefully get the ball rolling. I to would the the sleeve surgery. I added you as a friend. I hope everything goes well! What was the wait time for the approval? ?

Tina M.
on 4/15/14 8:56 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/14

Hi Danielle, I actually have Medicare as my primary and United Healthcare Community Plan as my secondary... I haven't had my surgery yet, but it is scheduled for April 30th... I didn't have any trouble getting it approved. Where in NJ are you located? Have you been researching the surgeons in your area?

My new life began on April 30th, 2014!  

Start of Pre-Op Diet Weight: 282     Surgery Weight: 268     

daniellemarie175
on 4/13/14 1:54 am
Topic: new to site and need help with medicaid/united health care community doctor

hi my name is danielle and I'm new to this website.I am really looking into having weight loss surgery. I have Medicaid and United Healthcare Community Plan.has anybody had this surgery with Medicaid and United Healthcare?so far I found two doctors who take Medicaid so just wondering if anybody else to suggest me some doctors who take Medicaid or United Healthcare Community Plan?does anybody know how long it takes for the insurance to pre approve the process? Going to see my PCP on Friday to talk about weight loss surgery. I am well qualified for it and pretty much meet all these standards needed high blood pressure sleep apnea PCOS high cholesterol and I believe my BMI is in the 50s.

MerciT
on 3/24/14 4:19 am, edited 3/24/14 4:24 am
Topic: picking out my surgeon

Hi everyone;

I'm wondering if anyone has used either Advanced Surgical Associates or New Jersey bariatric center, both located in Springfield NJ. These are my choices and I'm having a really tough time decinding which one to choose! Any expreirence, good or bad will be greatly appreciated!  the lead surgeon at Advanced surgical are:

Ronald D. Pallant, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Muhammad S. Feteiha, M.D., F.A.C.S.

James H. Frost, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Joao A. Lopes, M.D., F.A.C.S.

James M. Lopes, M.D., F.A.C.S.

and at NJBC are:

Dr Ajay Goyal

Dr. Glenn Forrester

Dr Angela Jack Glassnap

Dr Leigh Montes

thanks

gypsynj
on 3/21/14 6:37 am
Topic: RE: 2nd Lap Band Surgery

Well, it didn't work because of a series of unfortunate events...my surgeon did not prepare me properly for my "after" surgery recovery...they sent me home and told me to eat yogurt 2 days after surgery.  When I was throwing up the yogurt, they acted like I was crazy, so I lived on medicine cups of iced tea for the 10 days after the surgery. I was mentally a total mess and the psych eval that they had me do before surgery was with someone I had never met, nevermind, not my regular psych doc. I never got to the stage where they were to "fill" the band and had it taken out after 6 or so weeks. I was depressed and unmedicated, so my post surgery mindset was clouded.

My new doc did tell me about the sleeve, but I don't want anything done that isn't reversible if for any reason I want it taken out...mental or physical reasons. I'm in a much better place mentally and my new doc told me more at my first visit than my first doc ever told me in the 9 month road to surgery.

hockeymom8016
on 3/19/14 10:47 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: 2nd Lap Band Surgery

I am wondering why you are getting the band again when it did not work the first time.  Have you looked at other surgeries?

MyBariatricLife
on 3/19/14 6:01 pm
Topic: RE: Arm lift with Dr. Capella

I am late in answering your question but hopefully this will be helpful. My incision is inside the arm where the seam of a shirt would run. Dr. Capella does not like placing incisions were they cannot be hidden by clothes. I had the extended arm lift with breast lift, medial thigh lift, and lower body lift (conversion of tummy tuck to LBL). 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Grandma Blue Eyes
on 3/9/14 9:05 am - Brick, NJ
Topic: RE: Best Sleeve Doctor in NJ

Thanks everyone. 

Most Active
Recent Topics