I Get To Keep My Gall Bladder...For Now!!

jlewisjr
on 6/6/05 5:27 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: I guess it had to happen sometime. After almost 21 months of smooth sailing I developed pain in my stomach this weekend. I figured that maybe I've been going at it too hard in the gym so I did nothing this weekend. I woke up in pain this morning and immediately called my surgeon. He brought me in and sent me for some tests. My gall bladder is OK, there are no gallstones so he thinks I probably developed an ulcer. I go in for the scope Wednesday morning so until then it's pepcid, pain medication and no gym. I'll let you know how it all turns out on Wednesday. At least I get to keep my gall bladder... for now. Jesse
Rossana
on 6/6/05 7:00 am - Kearny, NJ
hi Jesse, That's a shame. I hope they get to the root of it and take care of it. Would an ulcer be typical of WLS patients or are you under a great deal of stress? I never heard anything like that, but I ahve heard about gall bladder related problems. i don't have one already, so i guess I'll be ok! Yikes! Well, good luck. Keep us posted! Feel better! Rossana scheduled for RNY next Monday!!
Most Active
Recent Topics