Help

tkgriffith1998
on 6/2/05 3:18 am - MAFB, NJ
I hope someone can help me. I have tricare and tricare covers 100% of the gastric bypass. I just found out that the class that I have to take will not take any insurance and I will have to pay 2300.00 for the class. I do not have that kindof money to be throwing down on a class. the whole purpose for going ahead with the surgery at this point was because It is 100% covered. Does every single doctor make you go to a class that you have to pay out of pocket for or are ther classes out there that will take insurance. I understand the importance of the class, don't get me wrong. Please help! thanks!
maryann F.
on 6/2/05 3:24 am - north arlington, NJ
Kimberly, I attended NO class, what kind of class costs $2,300 for wls. Is this a requirement by your surgeon or your insurance company? If it's required by your surgeon and not insurance find another surgeon? Take care Maryann
tkgriffith1998
on 6/2/05 3:25 am - MAFB, NJ
it is a requirement by my surgeon. THanks for the quick reply!!
IrishIze
on 6/2/05 5:26 am - NJ
Find another surgeon - sounds like some kind of scam.... Hugs, Nancy -110
tkgriffith1998
on 6/2/05 5:53 am - MAFB, NJ
Thanks! I am in the process of finding another one. I think I have found one so now I have to wait on the referral process all over again. thanks again.
maryann F.
on 6/2/05 6:50 am - north arlington, NJ
CAN YOU SAY SHAKE DOWN!!!! Who is he?
tkgriffith1998
on 6/2/05 10:51 am - MAFB, NJ
His name is Dr Boynton out of Mt holly. He requires the class before he will do the surgery but he has nothing to do with the class really. It is run by other people. I just think that it is just plain dumb to make someone pay out of pocket expenses for a class that most doctors include in thier billing to the insurance company or they offer for free. I am hoping this new doctor's group that I have found will not do the same thing.
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/05 7:40 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
While my surgeon required attendance at pre-op support groups, as well as appointments with nutritionists, there was no sort of "fee" involved. I would look for another surgeon. P~
gem4life62
on 6/2/05 9:46 am - Paterson, NJ
The only thing you need to do well not need but should want to do is attend an informational seminar and frequent the support groups just to make sure that this is exactly what you want and to also make sure that you will be mentally able to handle the results no matter how positive or negative. Vette
tkgriffith1998
on 6/2/05 10:46 am - MAFB, NJ
That I willing to do. I understand the reason for the pre op classes and so on. what i do not understand is $2300. Thanks for replying. This is something that I have been seriously thinking about for a little over 2 years. Thanks again
Most Active
Recent Topics