Support groupies wanted. Kearny area!

Rossana
on 6/1/05 8:54 pm - Kearny, NJ
Hi everyone! I realized today that there are really people nearby, going through the same thing as I am. Some even at the same time or place! I live in Kearny. I will be having surgery on June 13th with Dr. Trivedi in Hackensack hospital. I can't wait! I got my approval letter and all of my tests are in. I am good to go. I am looking for a support group nearby as I really think it will help in dealing with the changes ahead. We all need to give ourselves the best possible chances for success. No man/woman is an island and we all need each other! If anyone is interested, I would love to get a group together and maybe meet at each other's houses or something if we can't find anything else. We could talk about what we are experiencing and share our challenges and successes. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel I need this and hope others feel the same! If there is a group nearby that you are aware of, please let me know. Also, if you are interested in getting a group together, let me know! I look forward to meeting people nearby and to being on the losing side!! See (less of) you there!! Rossana Neglia McLaughlin
DianeD
on 6/1/05 10:58 pm - Carlstadt, NJ
I would be interested too! I live in Carlstadt, which is only a few towns away from you. Has anyone else emailed you about this?? Please let me know. Diane
Nannette
on 6/1/05 11:44 pm - Toms River, NJ
Dr Rafael Capella in Ramsey has a support group which is open to anyone, not just his patients - not sure of timing but you can call his office. I know he uses Hackensack hospital, so I imagine it is close to you!
maryann F.
on 6/2/05 12:35 am - north arlington, NJ
Count me in!!! Thanks Maryann
Rossana
on 6/2/05 9:10 pm - Kearny, NJ
My surgery is the 13th. Shortly after that, I will leave a post with information about a meeting (informal) for anyone interested. Hey, what the heck. It's not going to cost much in refreshments! Look forward to seeing anyone interested soon! Best of luck! Rossana
KathyB1971
on 6/3/05 7:30 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
Rossana, I split my time between my apartment in Kearny and my boyfriend's house in Lyndhurst. I am pre-op and still considering all options. I have attended a support group of wonderful people at Hackensack Hospital. Some are even patients of Dr. Trivedi but this meeting is run by the patients themselves. They keep everything real and sugar coat nothing but it is informative and fun.....a very nice group.They even take pictures at every meeting so they can track their progress. It is the second Friday of every month at the hospital in a meeting room.I go with a post-op friend of mine and we usually get there around 6 . If you are interested I can get the exact time and the name of the auditorium they use. The same group also has an online Yahoo group. Let me know if you are interested.....good luck with your surgery. Kathy
Carol_R
on 6/6/05 9:18 am - Little Falls, NJ
Hi Rossana - I would be interested in meeting with people who are having or had the surgery. I am waiting for insurance approval and hope to have the surgery in July. I live in the Montclair area. Sincerely, Carol R
Most Active
Recent Topics