I had the Surgery on May 25th

Michele1966
on 5/29/05 12:40 am - Nutley, NJ
I am home from the hosptial since Friday and things are going okay. I feel sore in the area where the procedure was done. I feel very tired though. Did anyone else fell that way too? It's a holiday weekend and I get to see my doctor this Thursday. I can't wait to find out what the weight numbers were and are now. I know I was 250 and the second day the did weigh me and I thought I heard them say 232. Of course the scale at home is different. Right now I am trying to focus on the intake of my ozs. Boy that is fun! Well have to go and attend to my kiddies outside. Hopefully I will be on board later tonight.
maryann F.
on 5/29/05 4:29 am - north arlington, NJ
WELCOME TO THE LOSING SIDE......... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Michele1966
on 5/29/05 9:24 am - Nutley, NJ
When I was little we lived in North Arlington. Have you lived all your life? Sorry if I seem nosey. Just curious. Yes the losing side. How have you done with the surgery?
maryann F.
on 5/29/05 1:41 pm - north arlington, NJ
Yes, I have lived here most of my life.... I moved away when I got married, but we are now back......And I'm doing very good 110 ibs in 10 months. Where did you get you surgery done.... Who was your surgeon Maryann
Michele1966
on 5/29/05 8:34 pm - Nutley, NJ
Dr. Karl Strom of Montclair (recommended by my primary doctor) and it was done at Mountainside Hospital. My friend's husband wanted me to use his surgeon but he did take my insurance plan. I did what research I could about this doctor and became comfortabe with him. I have a tendency to joke around alot and he caught on so that was good. The hospital, in my opinion, was teriffic. They have individual ICUs. The nurses there were great. What about you? Most people that I have chatted with say St. Barnabas and they weren't too crazy about their stay. But I guess we can't be too choosey about that. The important thing is that the operation was successful.
maryann F.
on 5/30/05 5:25 pm - north arlington, NJ
I used Dr Schmidt from Hackensack, He is very experienced and the hospital is very good..
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/05 2:47 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
Just wanted to hijack and say I had my surgery at St. Barnabas - Dr. Michael Nusbaum - and I was treated like a *queen*! Great people there! P~
Rossana
on 6/1/05 8:43 pm - Kearny, NJ
Hi MaryAnn, I live in Kearny, right down the block from St. Stephan's church. We are neighbors! I am having surgery with Dr. Trivedi at Hackensack hospital. June 13th is my date. I hope you are doing well. Maybe we can start a support group locally. Do you have one you go to? Let me know! Rossana
plove53
on 5/30/05 6:25 am - Clifton, NJ
same day as mine!!! GET WELL SOON!
jlewisjr
on 5/31/05 3:56 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Michele: Congrratulations and welcome to the losing side. Give yourself time to recover and the soreness will go away. Here's a tip. Hide your scale for a few weeks so you won't become obsessed with the numbers. The main thing now is to getting your protein. Jesse
Most Active
Recent Topics