APPROVED . . . BY AETNA!

Taylor A.
on 5/25/05 5:31 am - Collingswood, NJ
I was approved by AETNA without a hitch! I am so relieved but nervous. Still waiting for all the preop testing to get the surgery date but anticipate it will be end of July/beginning of August!
maryann F.
on 5/25/05 10:41 am - north arlington, NJ
CONGRADULATION!!!!!!!!!
jlewisjr
on 5/25/05 12:00 pm - Elizabeth, NJ
Taylor Ann: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had Aetna too and as long as you give them what they want there's no problem. My surgeons office submitted on a Friday afternoon and I was approved on Monday morning. Now that you have cleared this hurdle, the rest should be a breeze. All the best, Jesse
*linda* J.
on 5/26/05 12:29 am - belmar, nj
Hey Taylor, Congratulations on your approval! I do have a question for you... I contacted Aetna is 12/04 and asked about WLS, I was told as of 01/05 Aetna would no longer cover the surgery. My question is, when did you begin your process, begin submitting documents etc... I also covered under Aetna HMO. Thanks for all your help. love, linda
Hara C.
on 5/27/05 2:26 am - Pittsgrove, NJ
According to Aetnas website as long as you can prove that it is medically necessary, and you meet their standards they WILL cover it. I talked to them in February and again in March and they pointed me in the direction to the spot in their site where they list all the standards of what they require! It is all there in Black and white. It is under: Clinical Policy Bulletins (CPBs): then under: Obesity Surgery- CPB-0157 I hope this helps you! Good luck
*linda* J.
on 5/27/05 9:08 am - belmar, nj
Thanks Hara for all the info! Aetna must have changed their policy since I last spoke to them in December. Actually, I spoke to 3 different customer reps in December! Anyway, I went for a monthly visit to my PCP and I have lost 65 pounds since November. We spoke about WLS and he would not approve it for me right now. He went on to say he has 3 patients who have had WLS and all have complications. I don't think he is totally against WLS, just believes it should be used in dire needs and only particular surgeons should perform it. So going to continue to eat the way I have been and read these boards as they give me get encouragement along with food and exercise tips. I might just be asking again about Aetna's policy in 6 months! Best wishes to everyone! love, linda
Most Active
Recent Topics