Gus J.Slotman

Aynessa
on 5/24/05 11:59 pm - Camden, NJ
hey everyone, i have a questions does anyone have the number to the office of Gus J. Slotman so i can call and set up a consult with him.. also wanted to update had a consult at the Barix Clinic on May the 18th went great just transportantion issues are stopping me from going to my number one choice..also if u have any good or bad things to say about Dr. Slotman and email would be sooo great.. ty Best of Luck Margaret L
Hara C.
on 5/25/05 12:05 am - Pittsgrove, NJ
856-662-6371 - however, he is closed today! He is closed on Wedensdays! I like him! He is very funny...The only problem I have is the office staff is very short handed, and when you call you are sometimes rushed. Shirley - who is the coordinator is very "rude" - but she does apoligize at the first meeting...says it is b/c she doesn't sleep due to family issues! Good luck!
Joe D.
on 5/25/05 10:43 pm - Malaga, NJ
I know several of Dr. Slotman's patients from my support group. I'm sure they'd be glad to give you the good and the bad about him (and there is both). I'll bring this post to thier attention so they can get you some more input.
steeladm
on 5/25/05 11:39 pm - Newfield, NJ
Margaret, Both my husband and I have used Dr. Slotman. As far as a surgeon goes, I highly recommend his work! However, if you do decide to use him, make sure you are highly confident with your primary doctor to track your aftercare. As much as I recommend Dr. Slotman as a great surgeon, I feel the total opposite with his aftercare. As for his office staff...yes, Shirley can sometimes be very "short" or even rude at times, but all in all, she is very helpful at the same time. This type of surgery is in such high demand right now and I'm sure the entire office feels the pressure. One of the biggest complaints you'll hear is the long wait to see the doctor. Be prepared to be at his office for a minimum of 3 hours! Granted, I don't know if any other surgeons have this problem or not. So, to sum it up, I recommend Dr. Slotman to do your surgery. After that, politely part ways and follow up with your primary doctor. There are sites online that will inform you what tests to have done and when if your primary doctor isn't too familiar with WLS patients! Hope this helped some... Good Luck, Linda Messina Dr. Slotman 3/24/04 274/173
jacqui
on 5/26/05 5:45 am - Camden, NJ
Hi ! Linda, could you please email me the sites with follow-up info?! I do feel like I am doing this all alone sometimes and altho I can get to talk to Cathy at Dr. Slotmans' office, when I have a question..... I have not had any bloodwork since I left the hospital! I feel like I'm okay, but just in case ya know. Thanks! Jacqui 288/214/150?
judyfuller
on 5/26/05 11:06 am - DEPTFORD, NJ
RNY on 01/11/06 with
My daughter had Slotman. If you are interested in a crackerjack surgeon, he's your man. If you want TLC and good treatment in the hospital and aftercare, find somebody else. My daughter was treated abominably in the hospital by overworked and uncaring nurses, especially one named Tammy. I was there and I saw what happened to her. It was awful. Aftercare was not much better. She had to just stop going back because she'd wait hours in his waiting room like she was just a nobody. But he's a great surgeon and nobody can take that away from him. Good luck.
Hara C.
on 5/26/05 12:48 pm - Pittsgrove, NJ
Judy - I am confused....are you saying that the doctor himself is no good...or just that the nurses and hospital were no good? At first you said he was a crackerjack doctor, then at the end you said he was a good surgeon? My question to the others that have used him is which hospital did you go to? I hear that he used to practice out of Cooper...and now he goes out of Our Lady of Lourdes! My father has been to OLoL MANY times for his heart and they have ALWAYS been great....so I am wondering if that is part of the problem!
jacqui
on 5/28/05 4:49 am - Camden, NJ
No Judy, I think we are all pretty much saying that Dr.Slotman is an excellent surgeon. However, his "bedside manner" is less than I would like it to be. He no longer works at Cooper, does not take anyone over 55 [I just made it before he changed that!], and only does surgery at Our Lady of Lourdes. Since I did my medical-surgical nursing training at OLOL, I had an idea it would not be the best place to be post-op and it was just as horrendous as I expected, If not worse. So, if you can advocate for yourself through the drugs and anesthesia after-effects, you will have to do that at OLOl. The nurses are extremely overwhelmed and care from the aides is pretty non-existent! A close friend or family member who can be in and out a lot to help would be great! The big "However" is that you will probably only be there 3 days and out sometime early on the 4th day, which helped me to get through the situation there! Hope this helps! Jacqui 1/31/2005 288/213/150?
judyfuller
on 5/26/05 11:51 am - DEPTFORD, NJ
RNY on 01/11/06 with
oh and one more thing.....Doctor Slotman met with my daughter's dad and myself to tell us how the surgery went and he directed us to her room to await her return from recovrey. Well, we waited in the room for an hour and then somebody came by and put a skull and crossbones on the door and we didn't pay attention to that and a half hour after that, a nurse asked us why we were in the room and we said we were waiting for our daughter to get back from surgery. She told us we were in a contaminated room and we had to leave and probably find a place to take a shower.
artisticdork
on 6/1/05 6:03 pm - brigantine, NJ
I think dr slotman is awesome! hes funny, knows what hes doing and yeah his bedside manner isnt great but its far from bad! He took the time to answer all my questions befroeand after surgery, no matter how "stupid" i thought they were. and after surgery when ever i called his office shirly was right there and either knew the answer, because sh had the surgery, or she ran and asked dr slotman, and if you need to use the answering service he responds quite quick! hes honest, he doenst sugar coat things and i think him and his staff are great, i highly reccomend him. _mike openRNY 2/25/05 623/550/532/500
Most Active
Recent Topics