What I learned at the OH conference

sherri
on 5/24/05 12:58 am - New Brunswick, NJ
I attended the obesity help conference this weekend and learned a lot about my journey. I think the most important thing I learned was that I have reached my goal and that I need to relax now and take care of being healthy rather than dropping the last 2 pounds that would make my bmi say I am normal. I took a bmr profile and discovered I am well within the normal range and then I met with Laurlyn Bellamy for a free one on one coaching. She allowed me to realize that most of my adult life has been dieting or just getting off a diet or just beginning a diet. Now that I am a size 8 (my goal) I need to relax and live in the moment of being and keeping healthy. This was a true enlightenment for me. Lauralyn likened my obsession of worrying about those last 2 pounds, that would make my bmi say normal, to empty nest syndrome. That if I didn't have that 2 pounds to obsess on then what would I do with myself. In order to prevent self sabbatoge (sp?) I now I need to enjoy this wonderful new figure and improved health. Oh and let me say this out loud...I'M AT GOAL!
Talnkiss
on 5/24/05 1:41 am - Robbinsville, nj
That is just wonderful good for you Sharon
jlewisjr
on 5/24/05 5:37 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Sherri: Just remember that you are a success. Relax and enjoy the new you and you will get on the scale one day in the future and those 2 pounds will be gone without you even trying. All the best, Jesse
EmbodySuccess
on 5/24/05 1:43 pm - Roswell, GA
Dear Sherri, It was a gift to meet you; and, to know that our time together was useful to you. All the best to you! Lovingly, Lauralyn embodysuccess.com
Rossana
on 5/25/05 9:25 pm - Kearny, NJ
Your post is very inspiring! I am set for June 13th pending insurance approval which should come through any day now. I am so looking forward to this! The question I have for you is this: Everyone says over and over, "your whole life will change". I hear that, and accept it, but I don't really understand it. Can you help me clarify that statement? I know my eating habits will change. I know certainly the way I look will change, but what is the mystery? Thanks! Rossana
Most Active
Recent Topics