Re: Today Is The Big Day...Prayers Please

Fran P.
on 5/16/05 5:03 pm - FLANDERS, NJ
To My Family and Extended Family, My surgery day is here...I mean really here ! Tuesday, @ 1:00 P. M. I am scheduled to have my Gastric Bypass Surgery. It has been 10 months since I started this process and I cannot believe that, God Willing, today will be the first day of my new life. Please continue your prayers and positive thoughts that I have a successful and uneventful surgery. Also please remember prayers for Dr. Abkin and his surgical team, that the Lord will guide their hands and allow them to use the medical knowledge that they have attained for this surgery and recovery. Last and certainly not least, please pray for my loving and most devoted husband Bill, and all of my family who have given ongoing support and prayers, and listened to me vent and snivel when I needed to. I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!! I have often gotten my courage and incentive to continue on this journey from the love of my 2 grandchildren, Ashley and Brendan. From the day that I saw their beautiful little faces and their smiles that light up a room and steal hearts, I fell so in love with them. Talk about unconditional love, they gave it from day one. They have a piece of my heart forever. To my two children who gave me the most beautiful and precious gifts that I have ever received...My Ashley and my Brendan, the lights of my life, THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU !!! For the rest of you, and you all know who you are, THANKS, THANKS, THANKS . I couldn't have come this far without your ongoing support. Some of you gave from a distance, because miles separate us geographically but not lovingly. The cards, the calls, the emails, the heartfelt words of love, encouragement and the prayers, will all come with me into that hospital operating room and remain with me throughout my recovery. I am truly blessed to have you all in my life. One of my dear cousins told me that during earlier crisis in her life that she actually felt the Lord's arms around her...she meant that she really felt him lifting her up. She states that at those times she really knew the love of our creator. Both times she said that she felt a calm come over her and although he is ever present, that in our times of need, he allows us to "FEEL" that need. I feel that need today. When there was some bumpy roads in this journey, and some disappointments along the road, another cousin reminded me of a line in the poem "DESIDERATA"....that says..." LIFE IS UNFOLDING AS IT SHOULD". She very gently told me that all the detours in the road to my surgery will finally get me there. "They are not road blocks" she said. "Just a re-routing to the destination...with a lot of work to do along the way " Thanks ladies your words are forever in my mind.... To all my weight loss family who have been down this road and who have guided me along in this journey, "I'LL MEET YOU ON THE LOSING SIDE ." Without your guidance and without sharing your experiences, strengths and hopes this would have been a long and lonely trip. Thank you so much! From the day that I joined the on line WLS support groups I have felt the love, compassion, and caring from people who knew the feelings of this person imprisoned in this body for too many years. To Dr. Abkin and his team, there are no words to tell you how much I appreciate the chance that you will be giving me for a healthier and happier life. From the day I went to the new patient seminar on 7/29/04, I felt that although the entire Advanced Laporoscopic Surgery team seemed very professional and knowledgeable I was the most comfortable with Dr. Abkin. On 8/05/04 I had my first meeting and consultation with Dr. Abkin and his knowledge, personality, honesty and good humor sold me and I knew my choice was the right one. Dr. Pupkova did a pre-op procedure on me and I was very impressed by her knowledge and comforting and honest demeanor. I knew why Dr. Bertha and Dr. Abkin brought her onto their team. To all of you thanks and get a good nights rest because Tuesday, May 17, 2005, I'll be in your hands. To the office staff in Dr. Abkin's office, you're a delight, I've seen the number of people in there at one time and you're still friendly, polite and professional. Now I know sometimes that's difficult ! To my Nutritionist team, Dr. Flynn, Karla and Kim...YOU'RE THE BEST ! You kept me going when there were times I wanted to quit. You have always been there for me whenever I needed you. Thanks.. To Dr. Grant, the psychologist who met with me to decide if I was ready for this "NOT THE EASY WAY OUT," Weight Loss Surgery, it was a pleasure to meet with someone professional and yet understanding and compassionate. It was also good to know that I am of sound mind and body...At least I think I am... I am very grateful that God is in charge now and I will turn my decision to have this surgery over to him and I will try real hard to stay out of his way. I sure didn't intend say all of this but I guess that I was supposed to because I did. I'm getting a bit sleepy so I will try to doze a bit so that I'll be ready to rise and shine. Thanks to all, Fran
njndfan
on 5/16/05 9:07 pm - Bricktown, NJ
FRAN BEST OF LUCK TODAY AND EVERYDAY. YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. AND REMEMBER " LOSING IS WINNING !!!!" GEORGE STERGION
sherri
on 5/16/05 11:04 pm - New Brunswick, NJ
God Bless you Fran and keep you in the palm of His hand! I'll be praying for you today! See you on the lighter side. Sherri
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/05 5:11 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
Fran - You go, girl I am sure you are just now getting out of a very successful surgery! Keep us posted! P~ "Life is too short to wear sensible shoes!"
Most Active
Recent Topics