Update after PS on Arms/Breasts

Nannette
on 5/8/05 9:29 pm - Toms River, NJ
One night in the surgical center after the breast and arm plastic surgery. I never even woke up in the recovery room, nor when the ambulance transferred me from the Dr's office to the surgical center. I woke up when I was being put into bed for the night -- good drugs! This has been a "piece of cake" compared to the pain after the LBL -- uncomfortable, sore and swollen, but not painful. The "girls" are larger, firmer, pointing forward (rather than down) and no more wrinkles! The arms actually look small, and the Dr removed so much excess skin in the underarm area that an extra bonus may be that I never have to shave again (that remains to be seen of course!). I have, however, gained 7 pounds from this surgery. Of course, the extra weight from the breast implants (400 and 420cc's respectively) added to water weight from the surgery is to be expected. We'll see if I can get back to where I was within the next week. Right now, I have already lost 3 pounds back to since I got home from the hospital. Thanks to JerseyGirl (Tricia) for giving me tips and letting me know what to expect after this surgery -- it really helped Tricia. Hoping to see you at Dr Joe's on Wednesday for our post op visits! I went to my support group meeting on Friday night with the help of a lift (not being able to drive yet) from another of the members. It was great seeing everyone and being able to share this part of the WLS journey with those who expect to be undergoing PS themselves one day soon! Great turn out -- this group remains near and dear to my heart. I'll be attending Sat and Sun sessions at the Eastern National Convention on May 21 and 22, so I hope to see many NJ representatives there! Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/152 LBL -- 1/24/05 Arms/Breasts -- 5/4/05 Inner Thighs -- 6/8/05 (tbc)
jlewisjr
on 5/9/05 5:20 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Nanette: Now that you had your million mile overhaul (LOL) it's great to see that you're doing well. Can't wait to see you at the convention. Jesse
Nannette
on 5/9/05 9:48 pm - Toms River, NJ
Looking forward to seeing you again too Jesse. When I get my big "Jesse" hug, be careful of the "girls." LOL
Susan Hegarty
on 5/14/05 10:20 pm - Easton, PA
Nanette Congrats on al your wondefrul progress, you must feel and look like a million bucks!! Would love to see some pictures of the new you . By the way, did your insurance cover the surgery? Susan LAP RNY 11/24/04 378/270/190
Krissy
on 5/16/05 11:29 pm - Cranford, NJ
Nannette, So glad to hear things went well for you! You must post some pictures soon!! You HOTTIE!! ~Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics