Re: Asking For Prayers and Support

Fran P.
on 5/4/05 3:48 am - FLANDERS, NJ
Hi Everyone, I have not posted very much lately as I have been concentrating on what I need to do to have this surgery (WLS). Well I have lost at least 35 lbs since being on Optifast. I was to lose at least 25 lbs in order to have surgery. TOMORROW, MAY 5th... is the day for my 1st. surgery, which is to have a "GREENFIELD VENA CAVA FILTER" implanted in my groin, to assist in the prevention of traveling blood clots. I am a bit nervous but at the same time at peace in knowing that I will be a step closer to starting a new happier and healthier life. PLEASE keep me in your thoughts and prayers. MAY 17, 2005...DATE FOR GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY...I am nervous, anxious, excited etc. What a range of emotions !!!!!!! WOW!!! just when I think I am calm and peaceful, fear and anxiety, and the "what ifs" begin to creep in. For the most part I am beginning to feel the excitement of hopefully a "NEW BEGINNING". I need all of you more than ever right now, I wouldn't have been able to come this far without all of you and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul. I ask that you please hang in there with me now. Please keep those crossings, prayers and positive thoughts coming my way. I can't wait to join all of those of you who are on the losing side and maybe be able to help and support those of you having surgery after mine. I love you all!! BIG HUGS, Fran (In Jersey)
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/05 4:04 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
Fran: I was thinking of you this morning. I am sure everything will go swimmingly and you will come home with renewed excitement about your 5.17 surgery date! Keep us posted! P~
Fran P.
on 5/5/05 12:15 pm - FLANDERS, NJ
Pam, Just a short note to say thanks again for your thoughts this morning. Pam, it was an extremely LOOONG day but everything went well. I do feel a renewed excitement in reference to the bypass surgery on 5/17. I met the OR nurses, recovery room nurses aides and volunteers some of whom will be around on the 17th. They could not have been any nicer, compassionate or helpful than they were. Before I went into the OR, I thought of all the encouraging words from all of you who have been so supportive. I going to say goodnight for now, I am feeling very tired and having some discomfort...no more than that...this is pain. This too shall pass... Fran (In Jersey)
SAVAGE
on 5/5/05 4:36 am - Howell, NJ
fRAN, i WILL PARY GOD WILL KEEP YOU IN HIS LOVING ARMS AND YOU WILLGET THROUGH ALL THE SURGRIES JUST FINE! hE HAS BROUGHT U THIS FAR AND WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU GOING SAFE AND SOPUND JUST TRUST! LOVE jOYCE
Fran P.
on 5/7/05 1:27 pm - FLANDERS, NJ
Joyce, Thank you so much for your encouraging and spiritual words. I need all of you to help me through this with peace. Love, Fran
nana1
on 5/8/05 1:46 am - central, nj
nana1
on 5/8/05 1:46 am - central, nj
Hello Fran, I know how you feel but God is with you always. Good luck and I hope to see you on the losing side soon! I will pray for you. ArlBuc
Fran P.
on 5/10/05 1:00 am - FLANDERS, NJ
Hi, Arl, Thanks for your good wishes in reference to my upcoming surgery on May 17th. I can't wait to see you on the losing side, keep those prayers and good wishes coming. I need all the positive energy that I can get. Hugs, Fran (In Jersey)
Most Active
Recent Topics