i need answers

TYSHEA PERKINS
on 5/1/05 1:54 pm - Sicklerville, NJ
Hello everyone i had surgery on march 3, and i am down to 269. I started at 315 my problems is that i can eat anything and everything with out any problems and i do not dump. I feel that i am doing very well even though i know this, but it is very much harder than i thought because i figuired i wouldnt be able to eat the things that i could eat before surgery. I just want to make sure i dont sabotage myself by doing the wrong things. I drink all my water, take all my vits, and i get in my protein, and i exercise 4-5 days a week for at least 30-45 min. a day. I just feel like i am not losing any wieght i only wiegh myself when i go to the doctor i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how i could eat better things. and another problem that i am having is everything that i eat is nasty and horrible. I want it when i start cooking it but by the time its finished being cooked and i eat it, it's soooo nasty. But my main thing i tell myself is that i didnt get this surgery for nothing and that is what keeps me motivated to do the things that i need to do.
Sherry K.
on 5/1/05 3:27 pm - Clementon, NJ
Hi there... I had my surgery on 9/20/04 down 90 pounds and to this date I have never dumped on anything or thrown up. I consider myself extremely lucky as I too can eat anything and everything but I do my best to control myself. I do not eat breads or sugars nor have I drank diet soda which is my weekness. Your pouch limits the amounts that you eat so overeating is basically impossible as you will get that blah feeling (not worth it to me). When I start feelin full I stop and I always eat protein first. You are doing great keep up the good work
ericklein
on 5/2/05 1:40 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Tyshea , For one thing, it's very normally for everything to taste terrible. In time you're likely to find various food (if gradual) that taste ok. These may often be things that USED to taste absolutely terrible to you. The entire taste spectrum often turns upsidedown for some people. The first two months is the most severe for this. Your exercising 4-5 days a week is fantastic! How do you exercise? Walking? (Some people would argue that the best benefit of WLS is feeling better enough to exercise more easily, even with as little as 45 pounds lost -- which is plenty by now; I wouldn't worry). That's the most important thing. That, and making sure your surgeon has enough information to share his/her thoughts with you on the topic. Weight loss will accelerate and slow down several times, typically, for people. What does your surgeon have to say about this?
MRSAVED
on 5/4/05 11:26 am - NewField, NJ
Hello I'm Alex from Vineland, i have not had the wls yet but i am on my way and i just to tell you every thing is going to be alright. Just trust in God
Most Active
Recent Topics