Re: WLS DATE

Fran P.
on 4/26/05 2:35 am - FLANDERS, NJ
Hi Family, It's me again asking for your thoughts and prayers. I have a new date for my "Gastric Bypass Surgery". The new date is: Tuesday, May 17th, at Morristown Memorial Hospital, 100 Madison Avenue, Morristown, New Jersey. I have not been given the time of surgery yet but I will need your prayers throughout the whole day. I am feeling a range of emotions, from elated, excited, frightened, peaceful, anxious etc. Please pray that I have a successful, safe and uneventful surgery and a safe not to painful recovery. Dr. Alexander Abkin and team will be doing the surgery, I also would like you to pray for him, his team and the nurses who will care for me...that God will guide the doctor's hands to use his skills effectively and safely and that the team will do their best to care for me. Also pray for my husband and family, and friends to be OK, and that they can continue to support me ...now, after surgery, during my recovery and in the future for my healthier and happier life. On May 5th. I will be having the surgical procedure done to implant the "Greenfield Filter" implanted in my groin as a precaution for blood clots. Again I ask for your prayers. I love you all for your continuous support to me and my family during this time. Hang in there with me and hopefully soon I will be on my way to a happier and healthier me. Please, Please Keep those prayers coming, light candles and ask your clergy to please put me on the prayer list at your places of worship. Thank you all again... I Love all Of You, Fran (In Jersey)
evanorden
on 4/26/05 10:40 am - Suffern, NY
I had surgery at Morristown by Dr Bertha and Pupkova in March. They are amazing. The staff at Morristown is tops also. I don't know where to begin in my praise of them. I wrote the hospital a 2 page letter about the nurses and aids that were there. The first night I had to go to the bathroom almost every hour and every time I rang that bell a cheery smiling face came in to help me. There was never a complaint. I will give you 3 pieces of advice though: 1. It is the hottest hospital I have ever been in. Bring a small fan with you. 2. Chap stick and use it. #. and most important get out of bed and WALK,WALk,WALK,WALK. that is the best way to ge the gas moving. You will be in my prayers and I look forward to seeing you at support meetings. Eileen
Fran P.
on 4/26/05 3:30 pm - FLANDERS, NJ
Eileen, Thanks for sharing about the doc's and the hospital. The fact that you came here from NY to have your surgery with this team just reiterates my confidence in the Doc's in this practice. Also thanks for the suggestions of what to take to the hospital. I have been told the sqme thing by others so I will certainly take these suggestions. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. I hope to meet you soon. Fran (In Jersey)
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/05 1:57 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
Fran: You'll do fabulously. My surgeon is Dr. Nussbaum at St. Barnabas - all of them are great doctors. We're neighbors - I live in Long Valley! P~
Fran P.
on 4/27/05 3:24 am - FLANDERS, NJ
Pamela, So we are neighbors... and thanks for the vote of confidence that I will do fabulously, I need to think positive, and most of the time I do, however there are times that I begin to feel frightened and anxious. I've heard of Dr. Nussbaum, I have a very good friend that works at St. Barnabas. How are you doing since your surgery? Fran
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/05 5:24 am - Paradise Regained, NJ
I'm doing...well...fabulously! I've been off my blood pressure medication & CPAP machine since about 10 days after surgery. I've had no complications & no issues. The only thing I can't eat post-op (except for the usual - sugar, rice, pasta, bread) is chicken. Other than that, everything agrees with me. Dr. Nussbaum is the bomb P~
Most Active
Recent Topics