ONE MONTH TO GO! and still scared...

plove53
on 4/25/05 12:01 am - Clifton, NJ
OK one more month and I hope I'll be on my "weigh" to a better and healthier life. I really, really hope I don't chicken out at the last minute. So far I am almost done with all my testing. I just have the sleep test, and my P.A.T's OH and here are a few cherry blossom photos I took last week (photography is one of my hobbies that keeps me calm) (http://www)pbase.com/philsmith/bbp05 enjoy... phil
sherri
on 4/25/05 12:41 am - New Brunswick, NJ
Phil, You will be so thrilled at your new life. It's ok to be scared, I was too but I truly believe my positive attitude helped me heal and get back to normal soon after surgery. So keep a positive attitude. Also, I took a hypnosis session before surgery that helped me tremendously deal with the pre-op anxiety. I still use the breathing techniques to this day. I'll be praying for you! Sherri
IrishIze
on 4/25/05 4:19 am - NJ
Hang in there, Phil! It's normal to be apprehensive, and to have had a sister pass away after the surgery, that must really compound it. Try and take it a day at a time. BTW - your photographs are gorgeous!! Hugs, Nancy -109
Courtney E.
on 4/26/05 11:17 am - Beachwood, NJ
I totally hear ya on being nervous. I had my surgery on March 21st with Dr. Trivedi. I"m doing pretty good and down about 35 lbs or so. The hospital is really nice and they are a good group of docs. I have only good things to say about them. Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL by the way--bring them with you to the hospital to keep calm. I also recommend your own pillow-theirs sucked! Good luck and keep updating! --Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics