Self Sabotage

Nancy H.
on 4/23/05 12:56 pm - Trenton, NJ
I could use some advice - Had LapBand Jan 2004 lost 75-80 of 113 total. Have been stuck for past 4 months. Having an adjustment Monday. Have been into the sweets and making less than healthy choices - back to my old bad habits. Am concerned that I am sabotaging myself. Have others gone through this? What did you do to break the cycle?
IrishIze
on 4/23/05 10:57 pm - NJ
I have found myself obsessing over food again and getting into some bad habits. No doubt about it, I was sabotaging myself and rationalizing those bad habits. I asked myself the question - do I want to look and feel as good as I do right now, or do I want to binge on those crackers????? The answer didn't come as quickly as I thought it would. Fat Girl was saying, "it's only crackers, you can get back on track tomorrow". For a few days I was listening to Fat Girl, until the scale started going up and up. Healthy Girl had to be strong and JUST SAY NO. Instead I try taking a walk or water loading. It really seems to help. I find a lot of my eating is out of boredom, so I have to find other things to occupy me. I would also talk to your doctor and maybe find a support group - even an Overeaters Anonymous meeting or Weigh****chers....you're worth it!!! Hugs, Nancy -109
Most Active
Recent Topics