Starter exercise routine?

TrishC
on 4/21/05 11:39 am - Lakehurst, NJ
Ok fellow jersians...I have had a membership to Bally Fitness in Brick for longer than I would like to admit. I haven't been there since well before my surgery (10/18/04) Here it is past my 6 month anniversary, I'm down about 95 lbs and I really need to get serious about exercising and toning. My problem is...there is so much equipment there and I have NO clue what I should do with it! I've tried talking to a personal trainer at the club but either they want mega $ (which I definitely don't have) or they won't return my phone calls. I was hoping to get an exercise plan written out for me. I'm not looking for a drill sargeant over my shoulder instructing me. (I am definitely on my own when I go in there, customer service/support doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling.) So my question is...what have the rest of you done? Any suggestions? I'm wishing I could find a "idiots guide to post WLS exercise! Also, if anyone else has a membership at this club and wants to work out together, drop me a line! I could always use some extra motivation! Sorry so long and thanks for reading! Trish RNY 10-18-04 259/166/131
Detective-Cruz
on 4/21/05 10:33 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Hi! Congrats!!! I am a true believer in Curves. Easy workout with great results! I'm not too far from you, I do alot of walking, if you'd like to get together for an early morning Sat & Sun walk email me. Keep up the good work! Christine
AngelaEsq
on 4/22/05 5:05 am - Toms River, NJ
Well, my suggestion is that you first figure out what cardio you like. Whether it be bike, treadmill, swimming or the eliptical...anything is good. Start out slow, just work on doing cardio and then keep adding more time. Then, when you are ready, you can begin with weights. Just try a few machines, and observe other people. I think you should consider hiring a trainer for one session.
Krissy
on 4/28/05 12:51 am - Cranford, NJ
Hi Trish, Take a look at your contract. I joined last year and with my membership came 3 hours free with their personal trainers. I would call your local Bally's explain to them your problem, you dont know how to use the machines and is there someone who can show you how they work. They wont give you a work out plan but they will give you some idea of what you need to do. Good Luck and keep us posted! ~Kristin
Most Active
Recent Topics