OT-I'm Engaged!

Nannette
on 4/21/05 1:27 am - Toms River, NJ
Oh my God - it doesn't happen very often, but last night I was "almost" speechless! In fact, I still am - and you guys are the first I'm telling. Late last night my boyfriend asked me to marry him, and presented me with the most gorgeous 7-diamond 2.5ct engagement ring that fit perfectly! Talk about surprised..... Now, how to tell my kids?
KathyB1971
on 4/21/05 5:02 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
Wow , Nannette ! I am soooo happy for you !!! I remember not that long ago when I first came to this website reading how you had lost your wonderful husband and I even went to the site to view his memorial. I know it will be hard to tell your children considering how soon it is. But I am sure this new man is wonderful and that you are happy. So I am sure once they get over the initial shock they will be thrilled for you!! Good luck and you have my best wishes !!! Kathy
Nannette
on 4/21/05 5:25 am - Toms River, NJ
Thanks Kathleen -- yes, losing Chuck after 28 wonderful years was awful and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him, or miss his love and sense of humor. Next month will be a year that he is gone. I knew for two years before he actually died that I was going to lose him, so have been grieving for quite awhile actually. I think that, along with my newfound life (and body) is what has encouraged me to move on. Unfortunately, the kids are only just now coming to terms with their Dad's loss, and have felt that I moved on too soon. I have been seeing Gene for six months and he has been incredibly supportive and caring. (We share the loss thru death of a loved one.) Nobody was more suprised than me that this turned into a "relationship" so soon, but it has been fun. Thanks for your best wishes.
TrishC
on 4/21/05 5:18 am - Lakehurst, NJ
Nannette...OMG Congratulations Girl!!! How incredible...and the ring sounds beautiful. How to tell the kids...show them the ring...they will be so aw-struck they will have to be happy for you LOL. Remind them that they are adults now and Mom is entitled to live a life too. God Bless! Trish
Nannette
on 4/21/05 5:27 am - Toms River, NJ
Hey Trish - I'll show off the "rock" at the next OCWLS meeting on May 6th -- will you be there? Obviously, there are issues with the kids (26 and 22) to be worked out, but I hope they will be happy for me. Hugs,
SAVAGE
on 4/21/05 1:48 pm - Howell, NJ
NAn, wow! you go gurl!! god bless. The kidswill come around and if they don't they will have to just get the hell over it It is not like his intentions are not honerable or he is asking you to shack up or something, tell them they do not have to like your decision but you can agree to diasagree. I am so HAPPY for you! Maybe there is hope for me atthe end of a ll this ... Love joyce
Nannette
on 4/25/05 12:33 am - Toms River, NJ
Thanks Joyce - as for shacking up (yeah, we're doing that too! LOL). My son has been a lot more accepting than my daughter. But she has always been a "tough nut" and was especially close to her Dad. As for home for you -- of course - there is always HOPE. Hope to see you at the next meeting of OCWLS next week! Hugs, Nannette
Courtney E.
on 4/21/05 10:52 pm - Beachwood, NJ
Nannette-Congrats! I actually met you last month at the weight loss meeting (I am Janice N.'s cousin) I'm very happy for your and can't wait to see the ring! Congrats again! --Courtney
jersey girl
on 4/23/05 3:24 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
Nannette, Oh, how exciting! I am so happy for you, and even more sorry that we could not meet at Capellas on Friday. You could have shown off your ring! Email me when you get the chance and I'll go over anything you still need. My very best wishes to you and Gene. JG
Nannette
on 4/25/05 12:34 am - Toms River, NJ
Thanks Tricia - I emailed you this morning. Thanks for the support.
Most Active
Recent Topics