I got Approved!!!!

DianeD
on 4/18/05 11:46 pm - Carlstadt, NJ
I got "the call" yesterday from Toby at Dr. Capella's office and she told me the best news that I have heard in awhile. I got approved for the surgery. SO now my date of May 10th is the big day. I have to go see my PCP tomorrow. But I got everyone else done...including the pre-admissions for Hackensack University Medical Center. I am on cloud 9. Thanks for listening. It is so reassuring to read all of your posts and realize that I have made the best choice, not only for myslef but for my kids and husband and family as well. Thanks for sharing .... it makes this process so much easier.!!! Hugs (soon to be thinner) Diane
JanineNJ
on 4/19/05 3:25 am - NJ
Congratulations Diane!!!!!!!!! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on your big day! -Janine
gem4life62
on 4/19/05 8:35 am - Paterson, NJ
Congradulations Diane!!!!!!!!!!! I could only pray for so much luck. Did you need a letter from your PCP? My PCP will not give me a letter!!!!!! This may prolong the approval. I am with Health Net Advantage Platinum they require a letter of medical necessity. If they dont approve me based on my BMI (44.54) and my mental state then I will probably die. I am so depressed about being obese. I pray every day and every night that God continues to bless me with health and life. I am going to Dr. Capellas information seminar on 4/26 in Ramsey after that I will make my first appt with him to see what I need to do to insure approval. Diane when did you get your date? How long did it take you to get the date? How many times did you need to see Dr. Capella? The other test you needed to take were they perfomed on site or did you need to go to different Dr. Offices? I am just trying to prepare myself for the process. I have a very demanding occupation that requires my undivided attention between 9-5 however if arrangements need to be made I must make them in advance and cannot make them at the last minute. thanks for all the info it was your post that lead me to Dr. Capells office. thanks. Vette
DianeD
on 4/19/05 11:49 am - Carlstadt, NJ
Yvette- I am going to my PCP tomorrow actually. I went to my semianr with Dr. Capella on March 21st...i think. It could have possibly been a few days later. After the seminar, I was real excited and wanted to get this done ASAP. So I went to the receptionist after the semiar and made an appointment...she told me there was an available appointment the very next day. So at 9:30 the next morning, I went and met with Dr. Capella. He told me what to expect, did a brief exam, and then I met with Toby (the woman who handles the insuarnce info), and she told me they had openings for the surgery in May. So I picked May 10th, and she told me she would do her best to get that date. I had to go see a Psychologist and a Nutritionist before she could send the request to my insurance company. So I saw them both, really lovely women, if you need their names, let me know. The Psychologist was first, I think I saw her April 4th. She was great and just asked general questions. Then last Thursday I saw the nutritionist who was the nicest lady I think i ever met. She faxed the report for me to Dr. Capellas office and Toby called me Friday morning to tell me she was going to contact the insurance company. Tuesday morning, yes 4 days later, Tobby called me and told me that my insurance company approved me. I am so excited. The whole process was very quick, but that was what I was hoping for. I did research on this for months and I know that if I don't do this, I could have a heart attack, I could get diabetes, i could have a stroke....pretty much I am too big for my body. I need to do this...and Dr. capella has made it happen. May 10th cannot come fast enough for me. I wi**** was tomorrow. I hope this helps you. If you want to email me, feel free to. Let me know what you thought of the seminar and let me know what you decide to do. Good Luck. If you have anymore questions...let me know. Diane
Most Active
Recent Topics