Question on weight loss

Michelle M.
on 4/15/05 1:47 am - Hawthorne, NJ
Has anyone ever exprienced a weight loss right after surgery for about 2 weeks (about 25 lbs.)...but then it stopped and you gained 2 or 3 lbs. back? I'm not really sure why this happened - I am eating what I should and drinking all day long..just wondered if its normal...thanks
Kiwi Drop
on 4/21/05 1:54 am - Dover, DE
I'm still pre-op, but I would suggest that you talk to your surgeon or nutritionist. What kinds are foods are you able to eat? I've heard from other boards that if you try foods to fast than it can affect your weight loss. Good luck in your journey!
Michelle M.
on 4/21/05 2:02 am - Hawthorne, NJ
Hi Janine - Thanks for getting back to me. I have already spoken to my doctor, and he tells me this is "normal"...might have been water weight because I've lost that plus a couple more pounds. Right now i'm eating soft foods - yogurt, pudding, well cooked vegetables, stuff like that. I have been feeling very sick for the past couple of days so I have a call into my doctor right now (I guess I'm going to be known as the pain in the neck patient! lol) . Good luck with your surgery and your recovery. Do you have a date for surgery yet?? Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.
Most Active
Recent Topics