40 Days Till the East Coast Convention

Malinda
on 4/10/05 4:20 am - Branchburg, NJ
The ObesityHelp East Coast National Convention is Friday, May 20 - Sunday, May 22 at the Hilton in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ. This is our East Coast opportunity to meet friends from the tri-state area who have walked-the-walk and made it to the Lighter Side. Come on ... you know you want to go! Stop draggin' your feet and register. It'll be lots of fun! Room Info - The Hilton has reduced room rates available online or by phone. Register using the convention code: OBE. Cost is $109 (with taxes $124.26) for 2 double beds or 1 king. You can add a cot for $20 to accommodate a third person. Split 3 ways, less than $50 per person, per night. I spoke to the Hilton today. They said 31 rooms have already been booked for the convention. I know one of them has my name on it! Dinner Break - There will be a Saturday dinner break from 5:00 - 7:00 PM. Even if you can't attend the convention, if you live in the area, join some of your WLS friends for dinner! For the sake of time, menu variety and proximity to the Hilton a good suggestion is The Crow's Nest @ crowsnest.com. You can add the www Other places considered were the Sea Shack Restaurant directly across from the Hilton but word has it the tables are very close together and the food not that great. The hotel's restaurant, Canterbury's, does not open until 5:30 PM. The Stony Hill Inn, down the street from the Hilton is gorgeous and pricey. I'm told we would never be out of there in less than 2 hours to attend the Convention's Saturday Night Social at 7:00 PM. There are many restaurants and diners nearby Bensi, The Outback, Lonestar, Houlihan's Bennigan's, On the Border, the Arena Diner, etc.   The Saturday Night Social and Dance from 7:00 - 11:00 PM sounds like a great time! Come on ... the clock is tick, tick, ticking ... only 40 days to go! For more info and to register online - http://www.obesityhelpevents.com/2005-newjersey.html Malinda OSSG-Kamelgard List Owner Yahoo! Groups 2/03/03 5' 6" 298/147 at goal - 151 lb. VBG-RGB Dr. Kamelgard **************
plove53
on 4/11/05 2:32 am - Clifton, NJ
I live less then 10 miles from there and my hospital is less then a mile from... and I'm having my surgury 3 days after the convention ends (still scared about having WLS!) -phil
Malinda
on 4/11/05 1:40 pm - Branchburg, NJ
Hi Phil, Hackensack is a wonderful hospital. All good thoughts are sent your way for the upcoming surgery. I hope you can attend the convention to chat before this amazing journey to the Lighter Side begins. Malinda P.S. nice picture of you and your girlfriend in your profile!
Most Active
Recent Topics