Dr. Capella

DianeD
on 4/9/05 12:47 pm - Carlstadt, NJ
Hi all- Well I finally got my surgery date of May 10th, and I am a little nervous. How many people here have had Dr. Capella do their surgery or will be having Dr. Capella do their surgery?? Please let me know. Also, they told me after the surgery I won't be able to lift heavy objects. How true is this. Will I be able to lift my son, he is 9months old? Or can i just lift him to a chair if i am sitting? I am a little worried about not being able to pick him up if he is crying. Please let me know. Also...(yes another question), to all the women who have had a c-section....does it hurt more than that? I met a woman in the waiting room of Dr. Capella's and she said her surgery was far less painful than her c-sections. This made me happy since I have had 2 c-sections and handled that pain fine. Let me know please. thanks for your help and support!!!! Diane
evanorden
on 4/10/05 12:19 am - Suffern, NY
I do not now anything about the doctor but I can say it hurt less then my c section. It as a different type of pain though. My lifting restriction is 20 lbs. Can't lift over that for the first month. Goo luck. Eileen
gem4life62
on 4/11/05 3:02 am - Paterson, NJ
I have a few questions for you. Where is Dr. Capella located because I was referred to him today? Is he in Hackensack, NJ? What is his #. I would like to call him and set something up. Do you know if he accepts Health Net? Vette
DianeD
on 4/11/05 6:30 am - Carlstadt, NJ
Actually, he is in Ramsey. It is right off of Rt. 17 if you know where that is. Are you coming from Paterson?, if so it isn't too far for you. He does all of his surgeries out of Hackensack University Medical Center. He seems to be quite good from what I have been hearing. My date is May 10th, and I can't wait. His number is 201-818-9199. You will have to go to an informational seminar thing first, then make an appointment after that. I am not sure about the Healthnet, I think I remember seeing that on the list of insurance he takes. You can ask when you call to make a reservation for the seminar. Hope that helped. Diane
jhilliard
on 4/12/05 2:48 am - NY
I had surgery by Dr. Capella a year ago and he was wonderful. I can't tell you how well everything turned out. The surgery was not very painful at all. I was on pain meds only while in the hospital and once I went home I found i didn't need them anymore. The advice I can give you is that this man knows what he is doing and if you follow all of his instructions all will go well. I had my surgery at Hackensach and the hospital staff was great. To be completely honest I am so happy that I chose a surgeon who has over 3000 surgeries and perfected the process. His complication rate is the lowest in the world so you can't get a better surgeon to do the job.
njndfan
on 4/13/05 8:06 am - Bricktown, NJ
Congrats on your date!!! I am a post-op patient of Dr. Capellas I am now 5 months post-op and down 125 lbs. I really suggest that you listen to the Drs. staff. At the time my nephew was 18 months old and approx. 28 lbs. I was able to pick him up but I was very carefull, if you are picking something up and you don't feel right try not to do it. I am a man, but I can say that my surgery went Extremely Well as I had absoutely 0 pain and I do mean 0. Another thing you really have to do is the walking and eventually some exercising. And don't forge****ER, WATER, WATER. good luck GEORGE E. STERGION
gem4life62
on 4/14/05 9:50 am - Paterson, NJ
My only concern is scarring! I was not considering the open procedure until I saw Dr. Capellas resume. I have been researching this surgery since 2000. When I first learned of the Laparoscopic procedure I didnt look back. I am so afraid of pain after child birth I was done with pain. I could barely give birth and have not done it since. I want more children but I dont want to go through the pain of having more. Obesity has claimed my right to reproduce so this surgery may be my only way to reclaime my right to reproduce. I called Dr. Capellas office this afternoon to get the information for the next information seminar but I did not get a call back. Can someone tell me a little bit about the scarring? I would really like to make sure there is minimal scarring as possible. Vette
njndfan
on 4/14/05 10:44 am - Bricktown, NJ
THE ONLY THING THAT I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT I HAVE A SCAR THAT IS 6 INCHES LONG. THE ENDS OF THE SCAR ARE APPROX. 1 INCH WIDE AND THE REST OF THE SCAR IS 1/8 OF A INCH WIDE.. I AM ONLY 5 MONTHS POST-OP AND MY SCAR IS REALLY STARTING TO FADE. PARTS OF IT ARE ACTUALLY GONE. I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP YOU AT ALL BUT I REALLY RECCOMEND DR. CAPELLA AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF, THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND CARING. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO LISTEN TO YOURSELF AND NOT WHAT ANYONE IS TELLING YOU ABOUT HAVING THE SURGERY. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THIS IS SOMETHING I RESEARCHED FOR OVER 3 YEARS AND I HAVE ABSOUTELY NO REGRETS ABOUT IT. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS E-MAIL ME AS I CHECK MY E-MAIL TWICE A DAY.
gem4life62
on 4/15/05 10:30 am - Paterson, NJ
Did you get staples? One more question! Who is your insurance carrier? What did you need to get approved? Dr. Capella is in Network with my insurance carrier (Health Net) I found that out when I called to register for the information seminar. I dont know if I will get approved because I dont have any really strong co-morbids. My BMI is 44.54 I dont think that alone will get me pre-approved. I really want and need this surgery because I have been feeling bad for a long time. I constantly have back problems and knee problems
Linda B.
on 4/22/05 1:51 pm - Garfield, NJ
Hi! In reference to Dr. Capella, I wasn't too impressed with him which is why I researched other Dr's before I made my decision because this is my life we're talking about. And do you know I am glad I waited and did my homework because I feel I got the Best Doctor who is Tops in her field. I am from Garfield, NJ AND I am a Breast Cancer patient and why I say that is because I was a survivor at one time until I got a Reccurrence last year just before I was scheduled to have my WLS. My first bout with this was in 1997 at 37 with a 2 yr old and Husband at home. I was cancer free for 7yrs until the dreadful Reccurrence in my bones in Feb 2004. They found only a few small spots Thank God and so far they have been able to keep it under control. I owe it all to the DR'S at Memorial Sloan Kettering in NY, they saved my life. Well, enough of that because I want to tell how I came to my WLS DR. Her name is Dr. Marina Kurian and she is out of Lenox Hill Hospital in NY. My Oncologist from Sloan gave me her name because one of her other patients had it done by her. You know how they say that sometimes first impressions are everything, well in this case it was. Warm, Caring, Genuine, She actually loves what she does. When you are contimplating this type of surgery you only want the best and I know she is the best at what she does and her partner is equally as good. So Please, don't just let any dr. do this because this is your life and you want to be around to enjoy the new you! I'm here if you'd like to talk! Linda Bullaro [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics