Horizon BCBS NJ HMO

Michele T.
on 4/9/05 12:36 pm - Phillipsburg, NJ
Has anyone had any experience with this insurance? How long did it take to get approval from them for bypass surgery? What are there requirements? Any information regarding this insurance company would greatly help.
evanorden
on 4/10/05 12:16 am - Suffern, NY
I have horizon ppo and I did nothing with it my doctors office took care of everything for me. I am guessing it is a good company for approval because when they asked my insurance they said really that is great. I don't have to pay a dime for anything and other people I know that used them didnt either. Good luck. I am 12 days post op and I feel great. I am down 21 lbs. If you need anything else let me know. Eileen
Laura H.
on 4/10/05 10:21 am - Belford, NJ
I have Horizon BCBS HMO and I had no problems with them my surgon's office did all the work. They took my word for everything the only letter I had to get was from my PCP. I got approval in 2 days !!!! Good luck !!!!! Any questions feel free to e mail me [email protected] Laura
Kathy W
on 4/15/05 8:21 am - NJ
I, too, have Horizon PPO and had absolutely no problem. I got a letter of medical necessity from my PCP and the surgeon's office did the rest. I was approved in under a week. From what I read on this and the national board we seem to be in the minority. Most people, it seems, have more problems then we did getting approval. I just continue to thank G-d everyday that it all went smoothly and that I've done so well. Hugs and , Kathy 5'3" 285/207
Ines
on 4/15/05 9:49 am - Newark, NJ
HELLO , MICHELE I HAD BCBS AND THEY DID NOT GIVE NO TYPE OF PROBLEMS.... IT WENT THROUGH WITH OUT NO HASSLES. IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG EITHER FOR THEM TO APPROVE IT. IT ONLY TOOK ME A MONTH FOR AN APPROVAL. THE STAFF FROM THE DOCTORS OFFICE HAS TO FAX EVERY TEST, ECHO, SLEEP STUDY, BLOOD TESTS, ECT.... THAT'S ABOUT IT. GOOD LUCK. ALSO FEEL FREE EMAIL-ME [email protected]
George C.
on 4/20/05 2:25 am - Morris Plains, NJ
I too have Horizon BCBS NJ HMO, and had NO problems whatsoever. It was a breeze, handled by my doctor's office, and all that was needed from my end was a letter of medical necessity from my PCP. I was approved in 2-3 days too. You should have no problem!
Most Active
Recent Topics