There's A Tree Leaning On My House

jlewisjr
on 4/8/05 3:31 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL!!! We have had a lot of rain here in New Jersey in the past 2 weeks and went through a poteitially harrowing experience last Saturday night. I was watching the final four and suddenly I saw a spark out my window then darkness. I went outside to investigate and found a tree leaning on the side of my house where the electric comes into the house. After the fire department determined that there was no fire we just waited for either the tree to fall or the public works department to cut it down. Public works cut the tree away from the house and power line and my power was restored about 1 AM the next morning. We were thankful that there was no fire and no real damage. My yard looks a little bare now without the tree but I can live with that. Now to my week in weight loss. I was amazed that after a few weeks at my new gym that my body fat % went down 3 points to 19%. Not a bad result. I'm doing my best to get it down some more by the time for the East Coast Convention so I can "show off" my muscles (LOL). Till next time, Jesse 373/190/-183
KathyB1971
on 4/8/05 5:07 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
Jessie, I declare you OUR honorary Mr New Jersey . Kathy
*linda* J.
on 4/8/05 11:33 pm - belmar, nj
Hey Jesse, Sorry about your tree! Two years ago a tornado came through Belmar and my chimney landed in my family room. Felt like I was in Oz! Okay, off topic... I have lost 60 pounds, am using free weights at home and now ready to start the gym stuff. I can't afford a personal trainer, so was wondering what your schedule was starting out? Do you switch between weights and cardio? Thanks for any tips! love, linda
jlewisjr
on 4/9/05 8:36 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Linda: Today at my support group meeting we my surgeon has in the physical therapist he sends all his pre-ops. Some of this is what he recommends, some of this comes from my own experience. Usualy most gyms should do an assessment to determine your needs and will design a program you can follow. I would look for a gym that does that and provides a free session with a personal trainer. Most gyms use the free training session to get you in the door so take advantage of it if you can. That's what led me to my new gym. My program right now includes doing ab work and cardio 6 days a week. I do weight training on my arms and chest 2 days a week, by back and shoulders 2 days a week and my legs 2 days a week concentrating on a different group each day. I take 1 day completely off, usually Saturday. If you're just starting out I would do the weight training 3 days a week and cardio every day. Good luck with your program and remember the hard part is getting to the gym, once you're there you might as well exercise (LOL). Jesse
*linda* J.
on 4/11/05 12:19 am - belmar, nj
Hey Jesse, Thank you for replying! The gym I plan on joining is a key club. This means its open 24 hours a day. So I am pretty much going to have to figure out my own routine. They don't offer any assistance other than how to use the machines. I am sure I need a more supportive kind of gym but, the 24 hours open thing works with my work/family schedule. Thank you for helping, will keep your routine in mind while I developing mine. I get the cardio every day while walking my dog, now need to get some weights in there too. Wishing you a great week! love, linda
Most Active
Recent Topics