bariatric diet book

plove53
on 4/1/05 3:38 am - Clifton, NJ
Is there a diet book for post bariatric surgery? If not what do you follow?
SAVAGE
on 4/1/05 6:19 am - Howell, NJ
Dame Tooter from washington has a site bariatricbytes.com she has lot's of recipies on there. Also bariatriceating.com has some recipies. There are some listed on the main message board but i do not remember where sorry. I am 32 months out and down 48 pounds so I eat mostly meat, shellfish, fish, little veggies it is hard to eat much more but I am not hungrey so it is a good thing. Best of luck and if i get any good recipies i will send them to you if you e mail mre your address Joyce
KathyB1971
on 4/1/05 5:05 pm - Lyndhurst, NJ
Phil, Dr. Schmidt should be giving you the guidelines for your post-op diet. He will tell you what you should and shouldn't eat and also what vitamins to take and so on. If he has not already given you any information like that just call his office I am sure they would be able to give you stuff so you can look it over before the surgery. If you are looking for recipes and ideas for eating you can always post here and on the main board for ideas. But the basics will come from your Dr. There is a support group at Hackensack Hospital that is run by post-op patients. It is different from the one run by the Doctors (not necessarily better just different.) It's a great bunch of both guys and girls. Pre-ops are welcome too ( I am pre-op and I have gone.) It is the second Friday of each month. They have a lot of real information and real knowledge to share. If you would like more information about it you can email me at [email protected]. They are actually having a guest speaker at the May 13th meeting who is both a nutritionist and trainer. your neighbor, Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics