Need help getting WLS

DianeD
on 4/1/05 12:37 am - Carlstadt, NJ
Hi- I am a new member and want to say HI and "please help me". I am going to Dr. Capella and need to see a nutritionist before my insuarnce ok's me. Can anyone recommend someone who I could get an appointment with quick. My tentative date for WLS is May 10th, so they need my report from the Dietician/nutritionist QUICK. Please give me any information that you have. I live in Bergen County but would be willing to travel to NYC or more south if need be. Please help me!!! I want this surgery more than anything! The ones I have called have given me dates that are two and three weeks from now. If you know anyone, please let me know. Thanks Diane
SAVAGE
on 4/1/05 6:21 am - Howell, NJ
Diane, i do not know anyone your way but call your doctor they usually have someone they can refer you to within there office or healthcare system. All hospital have dieticians on board but mosot of the WLS docs have resouse people they refer you to. Best of luck! Joyce
plove53
on 4/3/05 10:47 am - Clifton, NJ
You should call Dr. Capella's office and see whom they recommend, or you could call your Insurance Company and get a list of nutritionist in the area (and also see the their approval requirements). I went nutritionist seminar at Hackensack Hospital (and that satisfied my insurance co). Hackensack Hospital has a Bariatric rehab program - http://www.humed.com/bariatricrehab/ (humed.com/bariatricrehab/) or call them at 201-996-5567. -phil
Nicole W.
on 4/6/05 1:20 pm - parlin, NJ
Hi Diane, Welcome to the Dr. Capella club. This guy is wonderful. He also has a nutritionist who works out of his office. Her name is Melanie I think. He did my surgery on 12/2/04 and everything went perfect. Good luck to you.
DianeD
on 4/6/05 1:23 pm - Carlstadt, NJ
Thank you all for your help. My surgery date is tentativly scheduled for May 10th. And I can't wait. Were you happy with Dr.Capella?? Melanie is out on maternity leave. I found someone at Hackensack Hospital Nutrition Center. Any advice for me???? Diane
Nicole W.
on 4/6/05 1:37 pm - parlin, NJ
Hi again, Let me first say that I've worked in the health insurance industry for the past 10 years and I have seen alot of people who have had this surgery. I also have heard many sad stories, but none of them were about Dr. Capella. I don't know if you've read all the reviews about him on this site but if you haven't you should, and if you have, then you already know. This guy is the most experienced surgeon in the state and maybe a few others. He has this down to a science. He does it in the best way possible. Not to mention he's a very sweet man and he really cares about his patients. I have seen other doctors even Dr. Brolin in New Brunswick who is probably the 2nd most experienced in NJ. My friend had surgery with him and he did a good job but her scar is really long, he also used stalples which got infected. Dr. capella uses sutures internally and a surgical glue on the skin. This stuff is great, no infection or anything. The only thing I can say is RELAX you are in very good hands. I'm sure you've noticed even his staff at the office are great. I have so much more I could tell but if you have any questions shoot me an e-mail. I would be more than happy chat with you.
Most Active
Recent Topics