Update - Help Needed from my Friends!

Nannette
on 3/29/05 10:56 pm - Toms River, NJ
Thought I would update and ask for some help. The swelling from the LBL has gone down considerably, though not completely. I no longer seem to have a groin -- the area between the front of the upper thighs and the belly all seem to run together. I've been told by a friend who had a LBL that it is still swollen and the groin will reappear! We'll see. My new belly button is a slight bit off center, and Dr Joe apologizes but says it is very difficult to get it perfect during the surgery when I'm so swollen. It really doesn't look bad at all - I'm just being critical. It does feel good to have a flat stomache and a tight ass! The most upsetting thing has been the return of my head hunger in rampant urgency! I seem to want to nosh all the time now -- especially those dreaded carbs - cravings for big mushy soft pretzels all the time at 100 grams of carbs per pretzel! You would think after losing all this weight, and going thru the drastic extreme pain of plastic surgery (with more on the way), that would be enough to keep my mouth shut and the wrong food out of it, but NO! I had went down to 152 pounds (still 2 pounds from goal) a few weeks after surgery, but now I've gained 5 pounds back and am up to 157! Each day, I say it is a new one, and I'm going to get back on track today, and before the end of the day, I've gone and ruined it. I'm getting in enough protein and water, but still have the "urge" to nosh on the wrong things - some days my calorie count is over 2,500! I'm still keeping track so I know very well what I'm doing wrong, but need some sort of kick in the ass to get me back on track. Give me some inspiring words so I can get back on track! Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/152/157/150?
jlewisjr
on 3/30/05 1:02 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Nanette: I won't kick you because it would not be the gentlemmaly thing to do (LOL). Just remember mind over matter and I'm certain you will get back on track. Jesse
KathyB1971
on 3/30/05 2:38 am - Lyndhurst, NJ
Nannette, Spring has sprung in NJ !!! It is beautiful outside today !! I don't know about you, but my attitude about everything changes this time of year! It is so much easier and nicer even to just go out for a walk !! Farmer's markets are all over the place this time of year. Go buy yourself some fresh produce and whip up something yummy!!! And beach time is just around the corner! When you feel up to it go try on some bathing suits. Then you can think back to the time when you probably didn't even want to wear one !!! You have done fabulously so far , no need to kick yourself (or have any of us kick you either). I am sure after a little inspiration you will be back on the road to success!!! Also remember that you are still in the healing stages after your PS. Once you are back in full swing I am sure you will kick butt !!! love, Kathy (your resident over enthusiastic pre-op)
*linda* J.
on 3/31/05 3:46 am - belmar, nj
Hey Nannette, I didn't have WLS and maybe, I am way off base with this one but, will share anyway. I have lost 60 pounds on my own and suddenly started to want junk food. In the past if I wanted to really eat I would go for pasta, heavy kinds of food. This time I was going for chips, dips, Burger King! I am not a Burger King kind of chick! Ended up gaining 8 pounds! What I realized was I got so nervous thinking about being thinner, prettier! I began to eat! When you were heavy, you had your loving husband. Now you thin, sexy with a flat belly and tight ass and out dating! I think it must be a bit strange! So many new things happening at once and you may have resorted to food to calm yourself! Nannette, I may be totally wrong!! Just thinking about how I feel and would feel looking as wonderful as you do. Have my fingers crossed I do end up looking like you!!Now that you have the body of a super model, you have to treat it as such! No more snacking! Enjoy every minute of your life! Jeez, I think I might have inspired myself! love, linda
Nannette
on 4/1/05 12:48 am - Toms River, NJ
Thank you for all the compliments Linda as well as the support. You may just be on to something there. I have found in the past that it was not only negative emotions that caused me to "binge" and overeat, but being happy too. I wonder if somewhere I am "testing" my new relationship to see if he really wants "me" rather than just a body. He has been very up front with the fact that "fat" turns him off. He knows where I've been and how far I've come and is totally supportive, but has asked several times if I could gain the weight back. Hmmm - your observations are food for thought -- Thank you.
SAVAGE
on 4/1/05 6:30 am - Howell, NJ
Nan, well girl you just need to thnk of what you have been through in the past year , you lost your DH and now you have had two major surgeries and that is a lost of stress on your body as you know. Just keep positive thoughts and go forward and don't look back . As for your new man tell him what you see is what you get! If he is worth the effort then first of all be happy for yourself not him! As you know we can't please others you have to put yourself first always! If he does not understand you could gain a few pounds back then well there are more fish in the sea! NOw before the surgery i was on the low glycemic diet and I ate every 4 hours something with protein and I really stayed satsified and not hungrey. I am going to the meeting at Brick tonight so I mioght see you there if not call me and we will talk. HAng in there Love joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics