A New Gym, A New Beginning!!!

jlewisjr
on 3/25/05 1:19 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!!! As you can see by the title of my post I had to find a new gym. My old gym went belly up so I was off to find a new gym. I checked out a couple of places and found a gym that fills my needs. The staff at the new gym is great and are very helpful. I showed them by before picture and the Obesity Help article and it was all the trainers wanted to talk about. Most of them have never worked with a WLS patient. They were amazed at my transformation and when I arrive to workout, it seems that they are fighting each other to work me out. The difference at my new gym is that trainers are always there to help and push you. My workouts have been tremendous and for the first time in a long time I'm sore but it's a "good" soreness. They want to make sure that I'm getting the max benefit from each workout. I a way my old gym going under has created a new opportunity for me to re-energize and re-focus my workout goals. The Summer Body will be ready in no time. Till next time, Jesse 373/190/-183
Estrell M.
on 3/28/05 3:33 am - New Milfrod, NJ
Hi! How are you? Is a miracle that your post refers to a Gym. I have been thinking to ask your openion on which type of gym is better. I need to start an exercise routine ASAP. I am happy to say that after 2 months and a few days I have lost 45lb, but as you know I must start going to the gym before the sagging catches me. About the NJ-Oh reunion I am trying to see if I could get a sitter for my child, but I really will like to go and meet you as well as Nannette and others who have done so good at this second chance to live a better and healthier life. Once again thank you. Estrella
jlewisjr
on 3/28/05 4:59 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Estrell: First, make sure that your surgeon clears you to begin a program. My surgeon only let me do cardio then from 6 weeks out to 12 weeks out then he let me begin weight training. Second, check out places in your area (the phone book is a great place to start, or check out the Web). Most places will let you do a free workout just to get the feel of the place. Try to go at a time when you would normally go to get a gage of how many people are there at that time, if there are trainers there to assist you, if they have child care services, etc. Third, get info on price and length of membership. Don't get yourself locked into a deal you can't get out of. Some of the places will try to use high pressure tactics but stick to your guns and just tell them that you will get back to them once you make a decision. Hope this helps. Jesse
Most Active
Recent Topics