Grumbling

sweetaim2
on 3/20/05 6:55 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Does anyone have their stomach grumble once in awhile. It normally happens to me after I eat, I wait 1/2 a hour to drink & then it starts. Is my pouch trying to tell me something?
jmdacc
on 3/20/05 7:32 am - Bridgewater, NJ
No, it's not telling you anything. Pouches just grumble a lot. A bunch of us go to dinner before our support group meeting, and in the meeting you can hear all of our pouches going off at once. It's never bothered me, really, even at work - I work mostly with guys, who don't know I've had surgery, so when they see how little I eat, they think my stomach has a right to grumble. Jen ps- I wait a half hour before and after eating too, and I think it really helps to make me feel full longer. I recommend it to everyone, including fullsize stomach people. I talk to a lot of waiters and waitresses about it too and they agree with me that the people who go through three large plastic cups of soda during their meals are the ones who can eat an appetizer, their whole dinner, and a desert too -- because they just keep flushing everything out, they can keep putting more food in. My pouch grumbles when it wants to, whether I wait a half hour or more than an hour to resume drinking, so I don't think there's a correlation (for me, anyway.)
FranCrouch
on 3/21/05 9:09 am - Forest, VA
Hi Amy, My pouch is also a noisy little sucker! I also wait 1/2 hour before and at least that after as well. Sometimes when I do drink a lot it makes some noises too. I think it is just letting me know it is doing its job! I think this is a common thing! Fran
Most Active
Recent Topics