Its been a week since I've had any bowel movements..Is this normal???

seductivesins
on 3/14/05 9:59 am - TAMPA, FL
I had surgery on Feb 15 and it seems as if the first week I was alb to go to the toliet just fine. Now almost a month later l havent been able to have any bowel movements for about a week now. Is this normal????
SAVAGE
on 3/14/05 2:54 pm - Howell, NJ
Sulay, I think it is because we are not eating as much ruffage and fiber,oil, butter as we once were. Sometimes it is 2-3 days for me which is not like before surgery. When I feel I need to go I take a colace stool softner at bedtime and I usually go ok the nest day. If that does not work for you then try Milk of magnuism the same at bedtime. This is waht my doctor reccomends. You could take a stol softner ( colace or generice store brand is fine) at bedtime everynight or everyother day and see if it helps regulate you. Also drink lots of water. I hope this helps, try the colace first and then the milk of magnusim, it is much harsher I will warn you of that! good luck I hope it works for you Joyce
chihuahualover
on 3/14/05 10:19 pm - San Antonio, TX
The lady at GNC gave me a tea that will help check it out I had the same problem but now I am fine sometimes I go everyday. Good luck....
Stacey E.
on 3/21/05 4:22 pm - Galloway, NJ
I've had a lot of trouble in this area since my surgery (12-2-03) Between not eating as much fiber, and having to take 200 mgs a day of extra iron due to malabsorption, I ALWAYS have trouble going to the bathroom. Lately I take one stool softener twice a day, and that helps. Also, I get into trouble if I don't eat some salad on a regular basis. I just make sure it contains protein, too. Good luck, and good health! Stacey Eisenlohr
Most Active
Recent Topics