Surgery completed and up and about

LOIS H.
on 3/11/05 9:13 pm - Palmyra, NJ
Surgery on 3/8 discharged 3/10 and even started walking on my treadmill that evening. Started with only 10 minutes but at least I started. Moved up to 15 last night and will start out with 30 minutes today and continue. I know exercise will be the key. Feeling a little discomfort due to the gas but it is better each day. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
IrishIze
on 3/11/05 11:15 pm - NJ
Hi Lois - congratulations on your successful surgery!! The importance of light exercise post-op can't be stressed enough. It helps to reduce the chance of clots, pneumonia and a host of other problems (including gas!!). Just don't do too much too fast ~ remember, you're recovering from major surgery!! You're on your way to a healthier life, and I hope all continues to go well for you!! Hugs, Nancy -102
beach_37
on 3/12/05 12:06 am - Belvidere, NJ
Congrats!! I wish you speedy recovery and a wonderful ride!
SAVAGE
on 3/12/05 1:31 am - Howell, NJ
LOis, so glad all is well after your surgery. Are you sure it is ok to be on the tredmill??? my doctor said no exercise other than regular walking until 4 weeks out. Just be careful not to pull something or give yourself a hernia. Best of luck joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics