Swimming in my clothes...

Susan Hegarty
on 3/8/05 4:55 am - Easton, PA
Hi all Well, i am -78 lbs since surgery and my clothes are literally falling off me. I look like a ragamuffin . I am on a very tight budget right now and don't want to keep buying clothes along the journey. Does anyone have any suggestions or able to point me in the right direction? Thanks all and God Bless... Susan 11/24/04 375/297/190
Kamma
on 3/8/05 5:00 am - Scranton, PA
Hi Susan, Congrats!! U R doing awesome!!!! Check the clothing exchange. Also, I love thrift shopping. Usually stuff is pretty cheap at Salvation Army. Good luck to ya. Kamma
Linda 1.
on 3/8/05 5:51 am - Northern, NJ
I got a lot of my intermediate clothes at Walmart....cheap and presentable until I was at my final size. Many people do well with Ebay, and check your support group to see if they have a clothing swap
Linda 1.
on 3/8/05 5:51 am - Northern, NJ
I got a lot of my intermediate clothes at Walmart....cheap and presentable until I was at my final size. Many people do well with Ebay, and check your support group to see if they have a clothing swap
collk
on 3/8/05 1:36 pm - Long Branch, NJ
freecycle.org is a site where people give things away that they no longer use, or need. I have seen everything including a kitchen sink posted out there!
IrishIze
on 3/9/05 12:01 am - NJ
Now this is the kind of problem I like - having my clothes too BIG instead of too SMALL!! I've gone to the local Salvation Army and have gotten some fantastic clothes for next to nothing!! Give it a try!! BTW, you're doing great!! Hugs, Nancy -102
mariec
on 3/9/05 1:57 am - NJ
Cool!!! Great problem to have! Suggestions: Clothing swap (either here online or thru your support group?). Or, can you take some in yourself? Depending on the clothing, some would be very simple to take in a little. For example, stretch pants you could probably just sew a new inseam and take in the waist and they might get you through until you were down another size or two. If you have business clothes that are way too big, you should be able to take them to a tailor or seamstress and have them sized down. But do it only if the clothes are "worth it" because it would still cost a bit. Things with arms are much tougher to do. And jeans would be hard too. Dresses would be pretty easy, and also if it was the right kind of dress you could potentially tie a scarf or wear a belt to define the middle a bit. ?? I'm planning to try taking in as much as I can, and doing things like wearing something that might be a little big (like a dress or slacks) but buy an inexpensive jacket or sweater to go over top that is the correct size. Good luck! I hope to have this problem soon!!! Marie 295/270 goal 145 / 5'9"
SAVAGE
on 3/9/05 8:19 am - Howell, NJ
Susan Ain't life grand?? I tried on my scrubs from work a coup;e of days ago and they are SOOO Big YEA! I have bought some tops cute ones at DOTS latlely. I got one for $1.00! and tow for $3.00 a pair of sweats for $3.00 which I need to take back as they are to big. Anyway they are not the best made but as fast as we are loosing if I wear them until spring begining of summer then great. DOTS most expensive shirts are only like $13.00 or so. Anyway hope this helps check it out! Joycelyn
keki60 B.
on 3/11/05 7:53 am - North Cape May, NJ
Don't forget clearance racks I have picked up stuff for 3 dollars. Also hit up your freinds for anything they are not wearing. I had alot of help that way. Good luck on your journey, you are doing well kelly
sweetaim2
on 3/20/05 7:00 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Hi Susan, Definately Walmart or Kohl's. It just happend to me. I didn't think dropping two sizes was a big deal, but I also looked kinda silly. I bought "transitional pants" just to get me through the next few months. Amy 1/25/05 240/200/140
Most Active
Recent Topics