Update after PS - Reality

Nannette
on 3/8/05 1:38 am - Toms River, NJ
First full day back at work since my plastic surgery. To update, I had a lower body lift on 1/24 and an eye lift on 2/12 to remove the extra skin on the lids and get rid of the dark circles under my eyes. Dr Capella took off about 12 pounds of skin and fat between the LBL and the liposuction of my thighs and knees. I am still swollen and seem to have stablized my weight at about 152 pounds. Still haven't passed that magic number of 150 that I was looking for, but expect that will happen soon, or after I finish my next two plastic surgeries. Right now, I am scheduled for a combined breast lift/augmentation and arm brachioplasty on May 4th and an inner thigh lift on Aug 5th. I am also going to do a face/neck lift at the same time as the thigh lift too to get this whole part of the journey over with. Looking forward to the end of the pain, although I am sure I will be happy with the results. The reactions from my work colleagues who haven't seen me in six weeks has been very rewarding - they say I look incredible and younger! However, to make sure I stay firmly entrenched in reality, my PCP called me two weeks ago to tell me that my recent blood tests confirm that I am definately going thru menapause! So, I look younger and feel better than I have in the past 30 years, but reality reminds me that I am still an "old fart." Ain't Life Grand? LAP RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/152
mariec
on 3/8/05 3:19 am - NJ
Congratulations!!!! Good for you, doing all those things just for yourself - way to go! You have a few more to do but sounds like you're ready for it. I anticipate doing all those things when I get to goal too. Is your insurance paying for any of it?? Just curious, I've heard lots of good stuff about Dr. Cappella. That's a long way for you to travel! Was he recommended to you? Would you recommend him to others? Thanks, and congrats again!! Marie 295/270/goal 145 / 5'9"
Nannette
on 3/8/05 4:49 am - Toms River, NJ
Capella was awesome -- I met with four PS, but after I met with Capella, I knew he was the one for the LBL -- he is definately the most experienced with this type of surgery for bariatric patients - hence the long way to go. I initially had planned to go with someone else more local for the breast/arms and face procedures, but Capella is giving me a great price which is why I am staying with him. Insurance only helped me with 65% of the LBL after I provided them with four months of medical documentation of rashes under my panni and help from my PCP. Everything else, I am covering myself (can you say "deep in debt")?
jlewisjr
on 3/8/05 3:41 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Nanette: Happy to hear that you're doing so well. I wouldn't call you an "old fart", just a "very mature woman" (LOL). Jesse
Nannette
on 3/8/05 4:55 am - Toms River, NJ
Mature - isn't that a nice way of saying "old"? In any case, as Susan Maria says - "nothing feels as good as thin" -- And Jesse - thanks for reaching out and calling me to check up after my surgery. It was very much appreciated. Hope to see you again soon. Maybe at the NJ OH event later this year?
Most Active
Recent Topics